• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Differences btwn Sig Cross BRO and PRS versions

Destytute

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2023
AB
Hey guys. I have a shot at buying a used (with 300 shots thru it) Sig Cross BRO edition or a used STX. Can anyone tell me how these rifles differ? Arent they essentially the same rifle just with one having "Born and Raised Outdoors sticker on it"? Also why the big weight discrepancy (shown at the btm of the web page links). I do see perhaps a different length handguard although its hard to tell from the images. Im thinking the BRO also doesnt have the heavy barrel the STX has but can't be sure.

As a "do it all rifle" this is my first rifle but also looking to shoot out to 1000Yrds. I have a chance at getting a used T3x in 6.5CM in a MDT LSS chassis for close to the same money. Where are my hard earned shekels best spent?

Thx guys.

Edit: the T3x is a CTR just for reference with a Gen 2 LSS chassis.

Last edited:
I think you're also mixing up Cross models. The STX and PRS are fairly different guns. The BRO is closer to the PRS than the STX.

I think you're also mixing up Cross models. The STX and PRS are fairly different guns. The BRO is closer to the PRS than the STX.
There Isnt much on the net at all for the details on the BRO so im wondering what youre seeing that Im not.

There Isnt much on the net at all for the details on the BRO so im wondering what youre seeing that Im not.
The BRO has: 24" light contour barrel, non-weighted ARCA forend, and non-weighted PRS grip.

The PRS has: 24" heavy barrel, weighted ARCA forend, and weighted PRS grip.

The STX has: 20" medium/heavy barrel, non-weighted non-ARCA forend, full length Picatinny rail, and non-weighted PRS grip.

The BRO has: 24" light contour barrel, non-weighted ARCA forend, and non-weighted PRS grip.

The PRS has: 24" heavy barrel, weighted ARCA forend, and weighted PRS grip.

The STX has: 20" medium/heavy barrel, non-weighted non-ARCA forend, full length Picatinny rail, and non-weighted PRS grip.
Gotcha. Thanks for the details.