• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Differences in the Saker 762 vs the Harvester?

saker is shorter and i bet built for a much heavier schedule of fire. Harvester is the first rifle can ive seen to use aluminum for the tube.

Differences?

Weight
Length
Diameter
Construction materials
Method of attachment
FA rated vs. not

The Harvester is a precision rifle can. It is made for a slower firing regimen (hunting/precision use). It is much lighter than the Saker. The Saker is meant for faster firing regimens and for use on SBRs. You can do mag dumps with the Saker; The Harvester not so much.

You're not going to put a direct-thread can onto multiple 7.62 carbine platforms and swap them back and forth, nor could you easily swap it onto a 5.56 AR at will. They're meant for completely different rifle systems that only happen to share a 30 cal bore.

Harvester is a direct thread ultra light weight .30 caliber magnum rated can. Designed more for a bolt gun or slower fired semi auto. The saker 7.62 isn't rated for 300 winmag to my knowledge and is designed as a QD multicaliber multi platform suppressor. I think when funds allow I will have both.

The Saker looks like it was built in response to the popularity of the SDN6 as a do all can. I wonder why the 7.62 Saker doesn't utilize the Hoplon baffle? That was one of the selling points of the 5.56 Saker. From Silencerco's description "Hoplon baffle reduces harmful erosion (available on Saker556 model only)"

The Saker 7.62 is rated for 300 win mag. It is a tough as nails can, just like its little brother. The Saker 762 has a full stellite core just like the 556. The reason you need the Hoplon in the 556 is due to the heat and erosion cause by 6"-7" SBR's. Not a whole lot of those in 762 calibers. As for the Harvester you guys are right, they are two different cans for two different purposes. The harvester is direct thread but the back cap is interchangeable for different thread pitches.

So can the 7.62 saker handle the 300 rum? When are they gonna be avail? Dealers don't seem to be able to tell me when they will have any in stock. I want one but I don't want to wait 3-4 months just to find out there still aren't any avail.

The Saker 7.62 is rated for 300 win mag. It is a tough as nails can, just like its little brother. The Saker 762 has a full stellite core just like the 556. The reason you need the Hoplon in the 556 is due to the heat and erosion cause by 6"-7" SBR's. Not a whole lot of those in 762 calibers. As for the Harvester you guys are right, they are two different cans for two different purposes. The harvester is direct thread but the back cap is interchangeable for different thread pitches.

Thanks for the clarification James, I hadn't read anywhere that it was magnum rated that is good to know. Looking forward to getting both of your new suppressors, now get some shipped out to Silenced America please lol.

So which one would be better if you want to use it on a Remington 700 .308, and a .223 AR? Or would that not be practical?

Now I can't decide if I should wait for the Saker 762 to come in stock or get the Specwar 762 "now". I know the Specwar is longer/heavier.