• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Different eyeglasses question

YetiSlayer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon
Now that it is winter I am getting a issue with wearing my glasses and shooting. The fricking things keep fogging up, not sure if it my breath, persperation or a combination of both. What have you guys used to minimize eyeglass fogging? Do not want to switch to contacts or go without eye glasses because of the protection they offer.

Re: Different eyeglasses question

I always pick up some anti-fog treatment when I'm at gun shows. Would think you could get it also at eyeglass stores.

I have tried a couple of anti fog treatments and they are not that effective. What I am wondering is what you guys have found effective in preventing this.

Clean glasses fog less. My optometrist showed my how to clean my glasses by wetting first, then a drop of dishwashing liquid on my fingers, rub thoroughly than rinse with water and wipe with a clean towel or lint-free paper towel. Any kind of Windex or the like will leave a soap film which attracts moisture.

Go to a good motorcycle shop that deals in dirt bikes and ask for a Scott No Fog cloth back at the parts counter.