• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Different powder availability question

Thumper580

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2013
Mechanicsville, VA
My local gun store is huge and must move millions of dollars of merchandise a year. The powder reloading shelves are almost bare except for some oddball powder I've barely heard of... This weekend there was a local gun show, so I went to check things out. There was a guy with one table and he had rows Varget, IMR4895, 4064, 231, 296, etc. There were a few more single table, one guy sellers there as well. How can these Joe blow guys have these powders stacked up, but a multi million store hasn't had any in over a year...

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I have shelves full of the most sought after powders yet I am but one man.
The way of the Jedi is dark. You must learn to conquer fomo, fear of loss, hate, anger, jealousy, greed and focus your energy to overcome these feelings. Some would say prepping is the first step. I would argue wisdom. Godspeed.

How much did the guy at the show want for the powders? Good chance it was his personal stash that he was parting with for $$$.

Yeah, look at the prices and you will have your answer.

If you bought it all, then you would become that most envied of men who has all the most coveted powder when the big stores have none.

Last edited:
grab as much of the varget as you can as it's almost like gold and not likely to be seen for a good price for many many many years to come . not always an option but you could check into estate sales have a friend that picked himself up a pretty good haul at one 48 or 58 lbs of unopened powder that he can use . You could get lucky and find good primers as well . how ever your local shop has done it to get powder be happy for them and buy the hell out of it . I am not too picky if I see anything I get if i can use it when I have the money as much as I can buy at a time powder , primers and powder almost non stop . I just wish I had been doing this sinse the 80's rather than waiting and everything is a mad rush to get it .