• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Different types of bottom metals.

clcody

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2023
Wyoming
Forgive me if this has already been talked about but I could not find an answer. I am building a 6.5 PRC on a defiance medium action (SA footprint). I just got my stock and I am now looking for bottom metal. I told the guys who cut the stock that I am going to have a BDL hinge plate. When I picked it up yesterday they said it is cut for a hawkins BDL. Will all BDL hing plates fit or do I need a hawkins specifically?

The Hawkins should drop into something inletted for a std factory Remington floorplate. However, the rear rang portion of the Hawkins seems slightly thicker, so it may stick slightly above the stock line, but should feed and function just fine. Reversely, a Remington factory floorplate would sit just slightly below your stock line since its specifically inletted for the Hawkins.

Personally I'd just pick up a Hawkins and move on. They are much nicer than the Remington floorplates, or the PTG units, and don't really cost anymore.