• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Digiscoping

William_LXIX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2006
(UT) Ooo-Tah
I initially posted this in the wrong forum! Sorry!

So I was at the most recent hunting expo here in SLC and bought one of these: SM Field Guide smartoptix.com

I am impressed in that I can leave my waterproof case on and adjust it to my spotting scope or binos. However, not my rifle scopes due to eye-relief.

Oh well. I am planning on attaching it and my iphone to a set of binos for my sons next hunt to better capture the action!

Cheers!

~Will

When I first clicked on your link I thought it looked like a Rube Goldberg invention, but after watching the videos I understand why it has all the adjustment. Post some pics with it installed and some photos I would like to see how this works. I have a phone skope, but don't like taking my phone out of its case.

I also have a phone skope for my Leupold 12x40 spotting scope and in all honesty, I am not very happy with it. You constantly have to jack with it to get those "black clouds" away from the edges. It takes a lot of fliddily to get a good picture and then the slightly breeze or vibration and BAM, black clouds around the edges are back.

I dont know if maybe the Universal adapter would be better as maybe you could get it tighter, but I am already looking into something else because phone skope just isn't cutting it and there has to be something better!

I thought I would mention that I have a Smart Optix too. I love the ability to adjust to get the picture I want. Plus, my little girl dropped my phone the other day and I needed to get another phone. Sure was glad I didn't need another accessory too. Here are a couple of pics that I have taken with it.

Also, a friend sent me a link to a video of a deer hunt they filmed with it too. Henry's 2013 Mom's Hunt - YouTube

For what its worth. Good luck!

hawk fly_05.jpg