• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Digital or Analog Trigger Scale?

XxMerlinxX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
I'm looking to pickup a trigger scale and was wondering if there's one model in particular that I should look at? Are the digital more accurate or repeatable than the analog versions?

Ive been using an RCBS Premium pull scale for years. Never had an issue, but I am only going down to 2.5 lbs or so, not in the oz's.

Just installed a Timney. Not scientific, but I just used my wifes 2 lb. exercise weight, verified by the kitchen scale in ozs, and hung it with a piece of string. Two lb release plus a quarter turn to the right and I'm good to go. It's close enough for government work for me. Cheap too.

G5guy

I to have used a RCBS analog pull scale for years down to 1lb with no issues. I've also checked it against more expense digital scale and it was within 1.5oz +- so i'd say close enough for me

I have the Lyman Digital Scale and it has been very good for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, here's my handy dandy trigger pull gauge. A boot sock, shotgun shells, a coat hanger with a hook on both ends and a digital postal scale to weigh with. One hook over the trigger, one hook through the sock and add shotgun shells. When you lift the weight, the stretch in the sock keeps the weight from suddenly impacting the trigger. You need to hold the gun, with the weight suspended, for a few moments to allow for any creep. Very accurate and very consistent.

For those of you with purpose designed trigger pull gauges, try this in comparison. You might be surprised.