• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dilemma

longrangekillr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
im thinking about getting a tikka t3 tactical, but im unsure about whether i want to get it in 300 WM or 308. What do you suggest?

Re: dilemma

That depends, what is it going to be used for, and what distances are you going to be shooting?

i will be doing long range shooting up 800 yards or more, plus ill use it for hunting bear and deer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T3TacticaL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">800 yards or more...bear. </div></div>

300WM

If you`re in the U.S., unless Beretta has just begun importing them, you`re pretty much stuck with .308 Win. or .223 Rem.

I had looked into getting one in .300 Win Mag. and per my local dealer and a phone call to Beretta, the .300 Win. Mag. isn`t available in the U.S.

I`d like to find out that`s changed because I still am interested in one.

well I guess the million dollar question
is how much of a budget for ammo do you have?
and what can you afford ?
bigger is better but affording to shoot it surpases all .
if you shoot it the rifle is cheap in comparison to ammo over time .
I wanted to go with the 300 .
But after talking to my reloader I realized
I would be better off with the 308 especially
since this was my first build.
and I enjoy alot of range time
at a marginal cost.
but thats just my .02 cents worth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T3TacticaL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it cheaper to reload your own ammo or to buy it factory made? </div></div>
eventualy...

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T3TacticaL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is it cheaper to reload your own ammo or to buy it factory made? </div></div>

Also reloading your own ammo allows you to shoot more for less than the same cost as buying "factory" ammo.

OMG is this the " ask the question's that have been asked and answered over a thousand times on snipershide thread?" use the<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold"> SEARCH </span></span>button bro