• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon 223 die?

Shadowofjudgment

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2011
Colorado
I just aquired a Dillon 650 and started reloading 223s last nightand the dillon 223 dies. I couldn't seem to get the bullet seating depth to be consistent. We are talkin about it varying from 10 to 15 thousandths. I can understand 2 or 3 but 15? Just wondering if its my die or the bullets or? I'm loading a Hornaday 75gr hpbt match bullet.

Re: Dillon 223 die?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you measuring COAL or OGIVE? </div></div>

Oal. Im wondering if my case is a little tight and being that these bullets are so soft my few thousandths is actually going into the bullet itself. I only think this because I'm leaving a ringed dimple all they way around the bullet.

Re: Dillon 223 die?

dillon dies are not the problem. If you're getting a ring on the nose then you should make sure you aren't compressing the powder.

Don't worry about the oal varying, measure the ogive to base and look for variance there. bullet tips can vary quite a bit and it doesn't really matter.