• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon 550B Deal?

PJC7250

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2002
Apollo, Pa.
I have a chance to buy a Dillon 550 progressive relaoder complete with with .45 cal and 357 Mag. dies for $350.00 that was used only a couple of times. I don't know a lot about progressive reloaders and have been shooting .45ACP and .357 Mag a lot more and it's getting expensive. Is this a good price for this rig or should I look at other progressive reloaders. PAT.

Re: Dillon 550B Deal?

+1000 to Lumpy G! A Dillon at that price is a no-brainer. You only have to buy that press once. I have a 550, Dillon dies, case tumbler, digital scale, and many conversions. I have never spent a dollar with Dillon that I have regretted. Try saying that about some other loaders.

AG in NC

A new RL550B is a little over $400 by itself; no dies. You do the math....

Great presses by the way, I just bought one myself.

You will pay twice that if you buy it new with those accessories .I bought mine new from dilon 5 months ago

If your not changing calibers a bunch, I have a 450 I'd let go with one cal. conversion, powder drop, and both L & S primer assy's for $275...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your not changing calibers a bunch, I have a 450 I'd let go with one cal. conversion, powder drop, and both L & S primer assy's for $275........... </div></div>

And if you want to upgrade later, you can change out the 450 body for $90.