• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon caliber conversion kit 9mm work on .357?

Opiy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
I know the 9mm caliber conversion will work with 40S&W but I wonder if it will work with 38spl and .357mag. They are a little bigger than the 40. The 40S&W is .424 and .357mag is .440 width so I expect no but thought I would ask and see if anyone has tried it.

But I bet the 40S&W caliber conversion will work with the .357Mag though. Hmmm The 9mm is .394 width.

Thanks
Larry

Re: Dillon caliber conversion kit 9mm work on .357?

if they have the same part number on dillons website, it will work, if not then........

I never noticed that before.

But the 9MM conversion doesn't have the same number as the 40 but I use it to load mine and only problem is sometimes you get that one brass that is a little tight but it still works.

Different powder funnels of course though.

Plate #2 is for 38/357 mag.
Plate #5 is for 9mm
FWIW: My .40 S&W plate is a #5 too. The ONLY diff. is the 40's brass "buttons" are a bit smaller than the 9mm's is all.
Respectfully,
LG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plate #2 is for 38/357 mag.
Plate #5 is for 9mm
FWIW: My .40 S&W plate is a #5 too. The ONLY diff. is the 40's brass "buttons" are a bit smaller than the 9mm's is all.
Respectfully,
LG</div></div>

Do you know if the .357 would work in the 40 plate or not though?

I have used the 40 brass to load with on the 9MM plate with only problem being every now and then one brass would be tight and may have to pull it out by hand instead of it just dropping.

I may end up just buying more conversion kits but if you can save $40 here and there then why not.

If they worked, why would Dillon make a seperate coversion kit???????
This is NOT the place to "cut corners" to save a few $$$.
Buy ONCE, cry ONCE........
Respectfully,
LG