• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Case Lubricator Adapter for Rifle Calibers

Paul73

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2022
MA
Hi,

First of all - it is not a commercial and I do not mean to violate any rules - just wanted to post it here to get more opinions on the contraption i've crafted recently.

It is meant for a direct replacement of the standard Dillon tube connector adapter, and lubricates cases as they go down the tube - this way i can run batches of tumbled brass without pre-lubing and drying them. It was always an issue for me to deal with 308 that was getting stuck during depriming.
I am mostly active on NES (northeastshooters) forum - if you google the thread name, it will come up with more pictures of it.
Just wanted to get into discussion with a wider audience on what would people think, as i do not think anyone did something like that before, and what, if anything, would be worth enhancing there.

I run it usually now on .223 and .308 batches, when i do not want to weight an every charge. I do not reload pistol at all - so, just wonder, would that be of any interest to those who reload 9mm/.38/.45? Do those cases ever have issues getting stuck in the resizing die, or is it not an issue that needs any kind of a solution like this one?

IMG-2976.jpg

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
Never lube any of my pistol calibers.... most guys are using carbide dies these days on progressives so lube it's needed.

I usually have a spray bottle of pure lanolin and 99% alcohol. I throw 100 cases in a gallon Ziploc and 2 squirts and flip the bag over for 2 more than push the air out and tumble the bag a bit to get the lube everywhere.

I dump the cases straight into the feeder and have never had a stuck case.

I dig your idea tho. It would also be cool potentially if you could design it as a station to dry lube the inside of the case mouth for bullet seating if you get an idea how to design that up.

Never lube any of my pistol calibers.... most guys are using carbide dies these days on progressives so lube it's needed.

I usually have a spray bottle of pure lanolin and 99% alcohol. I throw 100 cases in a gallon Ziploc and 2 squirts and flip the bag over for 2 more than push the air out and tumble the bag a bit to get the lube everywhere.

I dump the cases straight into the feeder and have never had a stuck case.

I dig your idea tho. It would also be cool potentially if you could design it as a station to dry lube the inside of the case mouth for bullet seating if you get an idea how to design that up.
i tried lanolin for a while, but, being a brass rat and feeding in picked up random old 308 brass into a full body resizing die - that is where the issue was. after i ruined one plate as stuck case ripped up steel edges out - i made this thing.

a lot of people swear by lanolin, though, may be i just never got mixing it right.

i tried lanolin for a while, but, being a brass rat and feeding in picked up random old 308 brass into a full body resizing die - that is where the issue was. after i ruined one plate as stuck case ripped up steel edges out - i made this thing.

a lot of people swear by lanolin, though, may be i just never got mixing it right.

8 to 1 for that kind of brass and you shouldn't have an issue.

What does your inline luber use for lube?

design it as a station to dry lube the inside of the case mouth for bullet seating if you get an idea how to design that up.
i heard that once before also... i have a bullet feeder die design i also make - technically it would be doable to have a similar thing with a rod going into the case and a wheel that applies powder to a rod.

just not sure, what for, really, if you run a batch - the seating is pretty accurate there compared to the inconsistency - potential - of the powder charge - a mere 0.2gr deviation of the powder drop will probably negate any seating inconsistency?

i heard that once before also... i have a bullet feeder die design i also make - technically it would be doable to have a similar thing with a rod going into the case and a wheel that applies powder to a rod.

just not sure, what for, really, if you run a batch - the seating is pretty accurate there compared to the inconsistency - potential - of the powder charge - a mere 0.2gr deviation of the powder drop will probably negate any seating inconsistency?

It was just another idea for you I'm not one of those guys🤣 but there are alot who do that here.

It was just another idea for you I'm not one of those guys🤣 but there are alot who do that here.
a vertical application of the dry powder is a challenge, will see what can be done there..
i was looking for something like that, as it got pretty boring lately. :)

• Love
Reactions: Huskydriver
a vertical application of the dry powder is a challenge, will see what can be done there..
i was looking for something like that, as it got pretty boring lately. :)

While you are at it.... A on the press 3 way brass trimmer..... 🤣

While you are at it.... A on the press 3 way brass trimmer..... 🤣
that is a heavy manufacturing with electrical parts, i am merely a 3d printer. :)

i think it exists - i may be saw one on ebay for a $160 or so - an on press trimmer die for .223/308.
my stuff is also there, btw.

i got couple of new things to offer - made a set of simple bullet seating dies. i prefer to drop bullets 2-3 at a time instead of having a stack of them, and die just makes it easier to stack them into the tube instead of placing bullet into the brass every time.

IMG-3390.jpg

and got a brass catcher that is also pretty neat.

IMG-3375.jpg

Reactions: Krob95
Any reloader looking to streamline their process needs the Dillon Case Lubricator Adapter for Rifle Calibers, which helps reloaders load bullets faster by allowing them to swiftly lubricate casings without manual labor.

It attaches to your reloading press and adjusts to different casing sizes, and it is made of high quality materials to ensure longevity and performance. For more informationon the different caliber sizes, visit the Wikipedia page on Caliber Conversion Sleeves at "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliber_conversion_sleeve".
Congratulations, new AI guy, on the most obvious Chatbot reply of the night.

Congratulations, new AI guy, on the most obvious Chatbot reply of the night.
i can still say i do agree with the robot - an every reloader truly needs my gizmo. :ROFLMAO:
it sells consistently and people like it.
I made tons of improvements on shape, wheels, it transfers less lubricant now, print quality is better and design is overall improved.
also added removable inserts/plugs to allow processing shorter handgun brass, and added a version for large rifle calibers - .338/45-70

s-l1600.jpg

Hi,

First of all - it is not a commercial and I do not mean to violate any rules - just wanted to post it here to get more opinions on the contraption i've crafted recently.

It is meant for a direct replacement of the standard Dillon tube connector adapter, and lubricates cases as they go down the tube - this way i can run batches of tumbled brass without pre-lubing and drying them. It was always an issue for me to deal with 308 that was getting stuck during depriming.
I am mostly active on NES (northeastshooters) forum - if you google the thread name, it will come up with more pictures of it.
Just wanted to get into discussion with a wider audience on what would people think, as i do not think anyone did something like that before, and what, if anything, would be worth enhancing there.

I run it usually now on .223 and .308 batches, when i do not want to weight an every charge. I do not reload pistol at all - so, just wonder, would that be of any interest to those who reload 9mm/.38/.45? Do those cases ever have issues getting stuck in the resizing die, or is it not an issue that needs any kind of a solution like this one?

View attachment 8056815
Thanks for being Innovative. because Without people like you we would still be rubbing sticks to make fire.

Thanks for being Innovative. because Without people like you we would still be rubbing sticks to make fire.
No prob, thx for the kind words.

I gotta say - sales kinda winded down lately, I guess it reached a point of saturation.

I made a version for 1050 press as well but did not have anyone interested yet. People who bought it seem to like it, but, I guess, the majority sticks to their own old ways of doing things, which is perfectly logical.

IMG_3707.jpeg