• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon CV 2001 Vs, Thumbler UV 18 Vibrating tumber

Ted_D

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Sandpoint Idaho
www.hms.harvard.edu
OK the Thumler UV18 has a 1/30 hp motor. Does the Dillon have a hp rating?? I cant find it.
Only down side I have heard about the Dillon is it runs hot. I havent heard anything bad about the Thumlers.
So which would you buy?? What are the good or the bad of both models. I get on or the other for fathers day. Where is the cheapest place you know of to buy either or?? I can get the Thumlers local for $179+ tax at Buffalo Arms. The dillon would have to be ordered.

Re: Dillon CV 2001 Vs, Thumbler UV 18 Vibrating tumber

I like the rotary Thumlers Model "B". I use it with Stainless steel media, Hot water, and joy dish soap! About 4-5 hours or start it a night and dump it in the morning. This media never goes bad and cleans all the carbon out of the Inside of the case, outside, and even the primer pockets if you deprime prior to cleaning!

Old post >> Stainless Media and Thumlers Model "B"

I also spent about another $30 to make a drying box for the brass! Toss in in with a 67Watt bulb and the Temp runs right a 130f in a Big ammo can! Axial fan to keep the air moving and the next morning the are completely dry.

I have let the Thumler run from a Friday when I wleft for the mother-in-laws until Sunday Night when I got home and the motor was not hot at all.

I have Two of them, one is 15yr old and the other is 5yr old. The only things I have replace is the round rubber drive belts ($3.50 I think).
Terry

I have 3 CV-2001s. I work them pretty hard and two of them have burned out within 1 month of the warranty expiring.

The price Dillon charges for repairs is equivalent to what it would cost me to buy a new one so I've not had one repaired yet. One of these days when I have time I'll probably just buy the motor and swap it out myself.

I have had both and there is no comparison, the UV-18 is a much better tumbler (mine is the industrial version though - blue band). It is much quieter and as aggressive, if not more. I run the UV-18 in the kitchen of my 2 bedroom apt. at night and have no trouble sleeping down the hall from it. It's sound is drown out by the aid conditioner.

I went through a motors on the Dillon and both of them ran so hot you could smell them in the next room. Kind of like electric baseboard heaters when they kick on. Dillon sent me a new motor for free but I had to replace it myself.

Now, I only have two Thumbler's tumblers; a UV-18(industrial) and a Model B (high speed). Both are extremely quiet.