• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon: Finally, a working 6mm bullet dropper!

NiteQwill

Best to jump high, and far!
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2012
Uncle Sam's Bottom
So, I have every type of Double Alpha Bullet Dropper die... But in my experience, none of them have ever worked well with 6mm bullets.

I load my match ammo on my Dillon 750 and wanted to automate the process (Mark 7 autodrive en route) but the bullet feeding has always been the hiccup.

Not anymore! 😬

Collator setup: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...king-6mm-bullet-dropper.7196608/post-11347122

Bullet Dropper Setup:

Lee Inline Bullet Die (for 6mm)

DAA MBF Dropper Assembly

I used a 1/2" ID nylon bushing to mate the Lee dee + DAA assembly (it's press fit). Tighten the set screw.

(This setup is assuming you have the MBF... So, you may need the DAA Output tube depending on what you already have. And, of course, the MBF feeder plate)

UzbS65Y.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes! I just ran 100 with the exact same dropper. My slowest process was charging. Looks like you are dumping powder using Autotrickler?

Trying to see if I can use Staball Match HD to replace Varget so I can use the Dillon powder drop. Its a temp stable ball powder. It drops pretty decent. Now to shoot and see what it looks like.

Yes! I just ran 100 with the exact same dropper. My slowest process was charging. Looks like you are dumping powder using Autotrickler?

Trying to see if I can use Staball Match HD to replace Varget so I can use the Dillon powder drop. Its a temp stable ball powder. It drops pretty decent. Now to shoot and see what it looks like.
I use a dual Ingenuity Precision setup. I can't outrun it. The IP setup is FAST.

Reactions: RegionRat
I have tried that setup too. I use the IP for single stage. I found I was waiting a lot. Still fast, but nothing like dropping. It took me about 25 min to load 100 rds, but dropping took me 9.5min and I even had a few bullet and case feeding jams in that.

Im pretty interested to see how this Staball Match HD compares to Varget. I initial load testing was ok, not quite as accurate for a match round but my barrel is breaking in and I havent done seating depth comparison. Its as advertised so far, a touch slower (31.5gr vs 29.8gr of Varget).

So, I have every type of Double Alpha Bullet Dropper die... But in my experience, none of them have ever worked well with 6mm bullets.

I load my match ammo on my Dillon 750 and wanted to automate the process (Mark 7 autodrive en route) but the bullet feeding has always been the hiccup.

Not anymore! 😬

Bullet Dropper Setup:

DAA MBF Dropper Assembly

I used a 1/2" ID nylon bushing to mate the Lee dee + DAA assembly (it's press fit). Tighten the set screw.

(This setup is assuming you have the MBF... So, you may need the DAA Output tube depending on what you already have. And, of course, the MBF feeder plate)

UzbS65Y.jpeg

On the MBF which collator plate and drop assembly are you using? 6.5? Thanks.

That's a powder funnel. I find it more useful than the area419 setup. It drops powder quicker and smoother in my experience. It uses the standard powder die with Dillon and whatever internal powder funnel you choose.

That's a powder funnel. I find it more useful than the area419 setup. It drops powder quicker and smoother in my experience. It uses the standard powder die with Dillon and whatever internal powder funnel you choose.

Nice I’m using the a419 funnel on my 550. I like the look of this, but I wonder if it’s too big and will hit my dies.

I ordered one of these Lee 6mm Dropper Dies, 3D printed a bushing to go from the OD of the dropper die to the ID of the brass Mr.BF dropper. This bad boy works like a dream with 142 SMK's. My 650 is also powered by an AutoDrive.....

Thanks for pointing out this new die, I think it's a keeper!

All the best.....
J

Wanted to add to this thread:

I had issues with the DAA 6.5 collator. It just wouldn't feed bullets consistently because it would jam 2 in 1 hole. 😆😉

I found an awesome 6mm collator. This gentleman basically took a request (that none exist on the market) and ran with it. Email [email protected] if you're interested in a 6mm collator.

Using the DAA orientation guide (orange thing in the picture) and a 3D printed ramp (aftermarket off eBay), it is now 100% running smoothly.

1000048541.jpg
1000048542.jpg

Are you sizing on the first one or two stations?

how are you lubing brass to run through the Dillon case feed? Assuming some kind of spray for the outside but are you hitting the inside of the necks with something?

how are you lubing brass to run through the Dillon case feed? Assuming some kind of spray for the outside but are you hitting the inside of the necks with something?
I use Hornady One Shot.

I put the brass in a cardboard box, spray, shake, wait 2 minutes, spray again, shake again, wait 3 minutes and then load into hopper.

I use Hornady One Shot.

I put the brass in a cardboard box, spray, shake, wait 2 minutes, spray again, shake again, wait 3 minutes and then load into hopper.
I really should try One shot again. Ive been using lanolin/alcohol. It sized very smooth but is a bit messy and have to tumble again to remove it

Reactions: NiteQwill

Not anymore! 😬

Collator setup: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...king-6mm-bullet-dropper.7196608/post-11347122

Bullet Dropper Setup:

DAA MBF Dropper Assembly

UzbS65Y.jpeg

Where did you get the nylon bushing?