• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Precision response to a small problem

Amanda4461

Loves Dobermans!
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Asheboro, North Carolina
I decided to load a few thousand pistol cartridges, since my rifles are waiting on some new bullets. First round the primer slide failed to pick up a primer. Ten tries later, still no primer. Took the primer slide out, caliper said it was small enough to slide freely, but it stayed stuck, even after I tried graphite and then cleaned and oiled it. I called Dillon and tried to buy a new repair kit for $100, but the customer service guy told me to look at a tutorial guide that he emailed to me, try the three steps, and get back in touch if it didn’t help. First two steps the calipers said no problem. Last step says if you tighten the primer tube’s two screws too tight, the helicoils in the aluminum will get pulled out, resulting in bulges that deform the primer slide path and stop slide movement. The next step is to file the bulges down. Well, that didn’t work, because one of the helicoil bulges opened up and stuck the primer slide. I reported my results, and received an email 30 minutes later, notifying me that I was getting a new small pistol primer slide, and a new primer tube and base free of charge. I won’t be tightening these two screws very much at all.
My RL550B is over twenty years old. It has produced over 25,000 rounds for each of those years. Some years, over 40,000 rounds. Please tell me where else I can find outstanding customer service like I receive from Dillon. GO BLUE! (Just not in politics):censored:

They did the same for me when the two screws on the primer slide stripped. They also sent a new low primer sensor when the plastic on mine cracked. Their no bullshit guarantee is just that, no BS. Great product, great company

Reactions: Amanda4461
About three years ago I was having primers being crushed or inserted sideways on my 650. I had been loading on this press for 20 years and thought I could solve any problem. Even when Dillion would replace parts for free I bought a maintenance kit to change springs and other parts that I consider consumables about every three years. I could not eliminate this problem which I am sure was related to timing. After speaking to Mike at Dillion he said send it in and let us fix it. Shipped to them and it was returned to my doorstep in two weeks. I thought they had sent me a new press. It was as clean as the first day I took it out of the box. Everything was new, even my dies looked new. Cost, nothing except for my original shipping. Their policy on this kind of refurbishment may have changed.
If you are going to buy a progressive press why would you even consider a red or green or orange one. Call them and ask them about their parts replacement warranty. They don't have one. You buy them.

I bleed blue when I get cut. Dillon has taken care of me over the last 20 years, some were rather high dollar parts or whole assemblies.

That’s Dillon customer service. They are truly second to none.

I stripped those holes in the primer tube base - mine was really old so no helicoils - because I over-tightened them. I called on Saturday, they sent me a new tube and two new slides - sent that day, no charge.

Another story. I own one of their small tumblers. In the late 90s, I was having some grief with it so I called and got a return authorization. But the problem seemed to go away so I didn't send it in. A couple years ago, the motor bearings finally failed. I called them to get a return authorization. They still had my original return authorization on file number 99-something. The guy kept snickering on the phone.

I hope Mr. Dillon lives forever because no one else offers support like that. If I need something that they sell, I buy from them and pay more. Their stuff is great and rarely breaks. If it does break, even when it is MY FAULT, they still fix it.

Lost parts and eff’d up some springs from a 550B I bought in ‘96 in a household move. Offered to pay for the parts because I lost the small parts. They declined to accept payment. They will always get my business.

I stripped those holes in the primer tube base - mine was really old so no helicoils - because I over-tightened them. I called on Saturday, they sent me a new tube and two new slides - sent that day, no charge.

Another story. I own one of their small tumblers. In the late 90s, I was having some grief with it so I called and got a return authorization. But the problem seemed to go away so I didn't send it in. A couple years ago, the motor bearings finally failed. I called them to get a return authorization. They still had my original return authorization on file number 99-something. The guy kept snickering on the phone.

I hope Mr. Dillon lives forever because no one else offers support like that. If I need something that they sell, I buy from them and pay more. Their stuff is great and rarely breaks. If it does break, even when it is MY FAULT, they still fix it.
Mike Dillon passed away a number of years ago. I believe his son is running DP now. It seems that Mike's legacy and solid business practices have continued through his son. I own a number of their products and have nothing but good things to say about every one of them. (y) (y) (y)