• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Reloading Accessories, thoughts?

ruebarb

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2018
Mendon, MA
More info on the Toolhead Stands can be found here.

I can make this with the stand or flat, thoughts? Other Ideas?

Also been suggested, incorporate this into a Tool Head Stand.

20190707_094343.jpg
20190707_094352.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
Everything blue takes my money. Interested in the sign and tool head stand.

I'd be interested in a small primer tube stand.......

I'd be interested in a small primer tube stand.......
They have some on ebay that mount to the case feeder or self stand. Are you looking for something else?

Case feeder mount https://www.ebay.com/itm/Primer-Tub...438264?hash=item1ea8964138:g:fG8AAOSwo6lWKphW
Self Standing

They have some on ebay that mount to the case feeder or self stand. Are you looking for something else?

Case feeder mount https://www.ebay.com/itm/Primer-Tub...438264?hash=item1ea8964138:g:fG8AAOSwo6lWKphW
Self Standing

Sweet.

I think I only have 6 or so small primer tubes in total.

I'll give the OP a chance to see what he can print up as he is the one that motivated me to the idea.

I'd rather not have them attached to the case feeder and exposed to dust etc when not being used.

I only load small primer perhaps every 18 months.

The tubes stay haphazardly stored inside a closed shelf space of my reloading bench....

Oh wait.....

You are the OP!

Not very good at making sales now pointing me to alternatives.

Oh wait.....

You are the OP!

Not very good at making sales now pointing me to alternatives.

I'm just trying to understand what you are looking for, if something already exists that fits a need, there is no reason to re-invent it.

I'm not making any sales pitch here, as they would get me banned for not being a vendor. Just seeking ideas of stuff to make that would be useful.

The 10 tube stand is really the best idea, can be moved. It would come down to, do you prefer a shiny machined billet aluminum or 3DP plastic, with a few color choices.

I'm just trying to understand what you are looking for, if something already exists that fits a need, there is no reason to re-invent it.

I'm not making any sales pitch here, as they would get me banned for not being a vendor. Just seeking ideas of stuff to make that would be useful.

The 10 tube stand is really the best idea, can be moved. It would come down to, do you prefer a shiny machined billet aluminum or 3DP plastic, with a few color choices.

You are correct the 10 tube stand looks like best solution.

Too overbuilt in its aluminum sweetness for what its designed to do.

Ill go count how many tubes I have and show the space I want them lined up in standing as soldiers in ranks side by side.

Stand by for a picture.

Current storage condition...in plastic bag.

image.jpg

5 tubes

image.jpg

Idea, something that allows them to stand at back of space like soldiers and I can remove the block and use it on the bench to hold the tubes while loading....

image.jpg

Approximately 2.5 inches of space behind Rapid Prime to store base/ tubes.

Would make sense to design holder for 12 tubes and accommodate both small and large tubes. I just wouldn't use the capacity.

Here is just a feeler for a tool head stand. This is the traditional design, if I go with this style, I am going to make the post removeable, remove the holes on opposite corners, I don't believe anyone ever screws these down. Any other thoughts on style and features?

20190711_062522.jpg

Thats slick. You should do well.

Is that applicable across the range of tool heads 550/650 and 1050?

Looks to short for the S1050 with the ratchet mechanism hanging down off a 1050 tool head.

Just bought a Dillon S1050 tool head stand for great price. Should be the last one I ever need.

If only the expansive ass Dillon S1050 tool heads could be made on a printer.

I screw mine down. I didnt realize other people didn't.

Does the lighter weight of plastic affect stability if you don't screw it down? Because the heavier metal toolhead is now up top - does the base need to get wider in order to not tip over?

Thats slick. You should do well.

Is that applicable across the range of tool heads 550/650 and 1050?

Just bought a Dillon S1050 tool head stand for great price. Should be the last one I ever need.

If only the expansive ass Dillon S1050 tool heads could be made on a printer.

The issue with the 1050 heads, is the ratchet bar, unless it was removed, you need a much taller stand, plus the ID on the head is much larger, thoughtwith a removeable post, it is possble to make one that fits, I'll look at that idea.

I screw mine down. I didnt realize other people didn't.

Does the lighter weight of plastic affect stability if you don't screw it down? Because the heavier metal toolhead is now up top - does the base need to get wider in order to not tip over?

The base is plenty wide to be stable, it wouldn't tip by its own weight. Thanks for posting you that you screw them down, I'll keep the holes.

The issue with the 1050 heads, is the ratchet bar, unless it was removed, you need a much taller stand, plus the ID on the head is much larger, thoughtwith a removeable post, it is possble to make one that fits, I'll look at that idea.

Yep - Ratchet.

I run my S1050 without the ratchet safety but your need to keep the ratchet stamping on the tool head to run the primer system.

With the taller S1050 stand the other posters concern about "top heavy" and tipping becomes a greater concern.

I'd be interested in a few stands. Traditional style is fine with me.

Dillon and others make single tool head stands similar to yours. They are not an expensive item. Idea of cost on yours? Are they linkable or have a modular mounting system for the wall? Thanks.

I am not selling them here or advertising as I am not a vendor.

They could be made linkable, I thought about it, wasn't sure what purpose it would serve. They don't need be to linked for stability, easier to move one at a time verses 2 linked side by side, is their some type use you would find better with 2 or 3 linked side by side? A slot and a tab could always be added.

The Dillon brand ones don't have slots for all the caliber change parts, the other one from Canada that is 3DP that fits everything, not very aesthetic.

The removeable post , which so far is the unique feature of this design, for me is helpful as I have a 550, 650, & 1050. The 1050 stands are way overpriced. I saw this as an advantage in this design. Plus storage, you can remove the post for a flatter profile.

I can't think of a way this design would have a wall mouting system, I really would use alumnim and make a riser and have this stand sit ontop of it. Do you have an example?

You could perhaps wall mount it using an Akro type bin lip printed at the back of the stand.

The user would have to mount some sort of Akro sheet steel "lip" to hook the stands on to.

I know how bummed I get when I dump an Akro of processed brass because I "mis" hook it, Id be bummed dropping a tool head.

You could perhaps wall mount it using an Akro type bin lip printed at the back of the stand.

The user would have to mount some sort of Akro sheet steel "lip" to hook the stands on to.

I know how bummed I get when I dump an Akro of processed brass because I "mis" hook it, Id be bummed dropping a tool head.

I considered the Arko Lip for a wall mount, your concerns is also valid, also I'm not sure I want to depend on the strength of PETG plastic to not crack or break if it was hit when hanging. That would be a very $ accident.

Reactions: pmclaine
The above referenced wall mounting was in the vain I was referencing. Just asking as it’s one of the thoughts I’m having setting up a 550. Another thought would be a cover for the head. One that would fit heads with powder drops and one with out. Just a thought.

The above referenced wall mounting was in the vain I was referencing. Just asking as it’s one of the thoughts I’m having setting up a 550. Another thought would be a cover for the head. One that would fit heads with powder drops and one with out. Just a thought.
That's a neat idea, a cover to go over all the dies also, or a head with just a powder die, or are you refering to coving the head with the powder dispenser attached?

I don’t use the Dillon powder dispenser, but most do. I use the powder die and hand charge. I would like a cover for a head with all the dies installed. Guessing most would prefer one that also covered a head tall enough to cover the dispenser.

I don’t use the Dillon powder dispenser, but most do. I use the powder die and hand charge. I would like a cover for a head with all the dies installed. Guessing most would prefer one that also covered a head tall enough to cover the dispenser.
I'm thinking a fabric cover would be able to accomidate this.

A form fitted fabric cover would be the ticket. The one Dillon makes for their presses are marginal at best.

I bought my first press almost a year ago and I went with the 1050 loading 9mm. I do not regret it one bit. The only thing I don't like about it is, the cost of changing calibers easily. A new tool head with powder drop is a bit pricy then the caliber conversion kit but I only shoot 9mm so it's no big deal for me.

Someone would make a small fortune if he could design a clear funnel & powder die with enough height to clear the dies and not bridge.

For those of us that like to hand measure.

I’ve tried every combination out there & the Hornady combo comes close, but still occasionally bridges.

I bought my first press almost a year ago and I went with the 1050 loading 9mm. I do not regret it one bit. The only thing I don't like about it is, the cost of changing calibers easily. A new tool head with powder drop is a bit pricy then the caliber conversion kit but I only shoot 9mm so it's no big deal for me.

I made the same decision for my 1st press. Now I have 4 presses and load too many calibers.

Someone would make a small fortune if he could design a clear funnel & powder die with enough height to clear the dies and not bridge.

For those of us that like to hand measure.

I’ve tried every combination out there & the Hornady combo comes close, but still occasionally bridges.

What do you mean by bridging?

My area 419 hasnt clogged on me yet.
I have the same setup. On more than one occasion 4350 would bridge & leave some or all powder in the die. I can handle the zero drop, that’s obvious, its the incomplete drop that goes unnoticed. And since the funnel is opaque, you really never know for sure.

Interesting, I run H4350 all the time, never seen this bridging. Used cheap funnels, my own 3DP and the dillon funnel.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Neither have I. I would be in for a couple tool head stands when your ready though

Neither have I. I would be in for a couple tool head stands when your ready though

Designing is done, working on a "Dillon" color PLA/PETG that doesn't suck to print with. It is amazing how many poor PLA & PETG fiilaments are out there, more are crap than good. Not alot of options with that color, hoping I can find one that prints well and consistently. Otherwise it might be Akro Mills Blue

Last edited:
More info on the Toolhead Stands can be found here.