• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Super 1050/RL1050/RL1100 Loading

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Let's get a dedicated 1050/1100 loading thread going.

I have a fee XL650's with case and Mr.Bulletfeedera and a 550c. Been looking for a 1050/1100 for the last few months for dedicated 5.56 loading with bulletfeeder... I was just about to order a new RL1100 with Mr.Bulletfeeder when I ran into a local deal.

Picked up a great condition Super 1050 setup for 223/5.56 with case feeder, Mr. Bulletfeeder and a second toolhead and 9mm conversion all for $1700. It was too hard to pass that up and go buy a new RL1100 setup the same way was gonna be close to $4k.

I tore it down on the bench today and cleaned it up. Looks great. Ordered an Inline Fabricstion Ultramount and light kit. Have an Armonov bearing kit and spent primer with hose adapter ordered. Got a spare parts kit from Dillon and a few wear items.

What have you don't to your Super 1050's? What must have accessories have you put on it?

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    I will be glad to see what all yall have to say as I'm about to start my dillon adventure with a 550c. Probably will get a 1050 at some point too but need to learn the 550c first.

Reactions: RTH1800
    I will be glad to see what all yall have to say as I'm about to start my dillon adventure with a 550c. Probably will get a 1050 at some point too but need to learn the 550c first.
    550 then transition to a 650/750 with a case feeder and a bullet feeder. Huge upgrade in speed. I can probably load 800 rounds and hour if I’m trucking it lol.

The 1050’s and up are awesome machines but if you change calibers are a pita. If you set up for one caliber and not changing or loading straight .223 on it then rock on.

550 then transition to a 650/750 with a case feeder and a bullet feeder. Huge upgrade in speed. I can probably load 800 rounds and hour if I’m trucking it lol.

The 1050’s and up are awesome machines but if you change calibers are a pita. If you set up for one caliber and not changing or loading straight .223 on it then rock on.
    Yeah I would have done that to start with but for now I intend on throwing powder off press so the auto indexing wouldn't work well for that.

Yeah I would have done that to start with but for now I intend on throwing powder off press so the auto indexing wouldn't work well for that.

Yea these auto indexing presses aren't ideal for throwing powder off press.. can you, sure, but it kinda defeats the purpose.. I make all my precision ammo on a 550c with Fx120i...

But I crank out 1000s of rounds of 9mm, 45, 10mm, 5.56 and 300blk on my 650's. I run a 2 toolhead setup for rifle.. process brass on 1 toolhead and fill bins with thousands of pieces of ready to load brass. When I'm ready to load, the loading toolhead goes on and it's just a matter of keeping the case feeder filled, primer tube filled (rf100 makes this easy) powder full and Mr. Bulletfeeder full...

When you want to crank out lots of plinking 5.56 the main thing you are trying to avoid is handling the brass at all... no manual operations... I ran out of locations on my 650 for 5.56 and no on press swaging. Yes, you can buy a swaging setup.for thr 650, I have it but it voids the warranty #1 and that popping sound is terrifying. So I was hand reaming every case which sucks..

Also, when you use an RT1500 trimmer on your case prep toolhead, it makes a nice accurate cut but it's sharp, so if you don't chamfer and debur your shaving bullets all over your toolhead and they don't sit securely when coming out of the Mr. Bulletfeeder die and fall off the case a lot..

This is why I just got a 1050... on press swaging during case prep.. and room to run an M die to slightly flare the case mouth to avoid bullet shaving and bullets fall off case...

After I get it dialed in, I'll add a Mark 7 Autodrive to finish it off.

Got it 100% torn down right now, including the linkage for full cleaning and lube.. just waiting on my parts from dillon to put it all back together then I'll get it dialed in and start cranking out 5.56.

Here's what I ordered for it so far

Inline Fabrication Ultramount
    Inline Fabrication light kit
    Inline Fabrication ergo handle
    Armonov bearing /nut
    Armonov spent primer shute/tube
    Dillon spare parts kit
    Dillon press cover
    Double Alpha Mr.Bulletfeeder preset nose guide x3
    Double Alpha MBF hanger

Yea these auto indexing presses aren't ideal for throwing powder off press.. can you, sure, but it kinda defeats the purpose.. I make all my precision ammo on a 550c with Fx120i...

But I crank out 1000s of rounds of 9mm, 45, 10mm, 5.56 and 300blk on my 650's. I run a 2 toolhead setup for rifle.. process brass on 1 toolhead and fill bins with thousands of pieces of ready to load brass. When I'm ready to load, the loading toolhead goes on and it's just a matter of keeping the case feeder filled, primer tube filled (rf100 makes this easy) powder full and Mr. Bulletfeeder full...

When you want to crank out lots of plinking 5.56 the main thing you are trying to avoid is handling the brass at all... no manual operations... I ran out of locations on my 650 for 5.56 and no on press swaging. Yes, you can buy a swaging setup.for thr 650, I have it but it voids the warranty #1 and that popping sound is terrifying. So I was hand reaming every case which sucks..

Also, when you use an RT1500 trimmer on your case prep toolhead, it makes a nice accurate cut but it's sharp, so if you don't chamfer and debur your shaving bullets all over your toolhead and they don't sit securely when coming out of the Mr. Bulletfeeder die and fall off the case a lot..

This is why I just got a 1050... on press swaging during case prep.. and room to run an M die to slightly flare the case mouth to avoid bullet shaving and bullets fall off case...

Got it 100% torn down right now, including the linkage for full cleaning and lube.. just waiting on my parts from dillon to put it all back together then I'll get it dialed in and start cranking out 5.56.

Armonov bearing /nut
    Dillon spare parts kit
    Dillon press cover
    Double Alpha MBF hanger
    Good info for sure. Yeah that's what I will be doing, thr fx120 with IP trickler. That's also why I was looking at the 1050 vs 650. I'd heard that before and just having another few stations can help a lot to do things like lightly flare or whatever to make things work well. I'm glad to see this thread so I can reference it later. I will probably have to utilize some quick change plates too. With my turret press and mec, plus a 550c, I'm not going to have room to add a 1050 too amd leave em all set up all the time I don't think.

The 1050’s and up are awesome machines but if you change calibers are a pita.
    With a toolhead all set up, it takes less than 10 minutes to change calibers. 5 more minutes if you change primer sizes.

I have a few spare toolheads.

wUDOsLf.jpg

Let's get a dedicated 1050/1100 loading thread going.

I have a fee XL650's with case and Mr.Bulletfeedera and a 550c. Been looking for a 1050/1100 for the last few months for dedicated 5.56 loading with bulletfeeder... I was just about to order a new RL1100 with Mr.Bulletfeeder when I ran into a local deal.

Picked up a great condition Super 1050 setup for 223/5.56 with case feeder, Mr. Bulletfeeder and a second toolhead and 9mm conversion all for $1700. It was too hard to pass that up and go buy a new RL1100 setup the same way was gonna be close to $4k.

I tore it down on the bench today and cleaned it up. Looks great. Ordered an Inline Fabricstion Ultramount and light kit. Have an Armonov bearing kit and spent primer with hose adapter ordered. Got a spare parts kit from Dillon and a few wear items.

What have you don't to your Super 1050's? What must have accessories have you put on it?
    There is a RL1100 package up in PA on FB marketplace for a really good price. Autodrive, bullet feeder, router trimmer, ect. Please buy it so i dont have to.

Reactions: Gustav7

Armonov bearing /nut
    Dillon spare parts kit
    Dillon press cover
    Double Alpha MBF hanger
    Sounds a lot like I do with my 650. I also swags on press but I use some case lube on the swagger and do not have any issues with it sticking or popping.

Brass prep for .223 just plain kinda sucks but I didn’t want to spend the money for a 1050.

If I was loading tons of .223 I definitely think it’s worth it to step up so that brass doesn’t have to go through press multiple times.

Sounds a lot like I do with my 650. I also swags on press but I use some case lube on the swagger and do not have any issues with it sticking or popping.

Brass prep for .223 just plain kinda sucks but I didn’t want to spend the money for a 1050.

If I was loading tons of .223 I definitely think it’s worth it to step up so that brass doesn’t have to go through press multiple times.

I'm looking forward to having all the stations I want.... 1 run to fill bins with ready to load brass.. then uninterrupted running to load ammo..

I'm talking to the guy I just got this 1050 from...he has 3 more...2 with a Mark 7 and 1 with Ammobot.

I'm gonna buy 1 from him. He's deciding which he's keeping and which he's selling..

I may have a spare 1050 completely cleaned, lubed and all wear items/parts replaced for sale... deciding if I'll keep both 1050s and sell 1 of my XL650's....or sell rhe 1050 without an autodrive...

I am not a fan of the AmmoBot. The Mk7 is a little more refined and you can independently tweak more of the settings like pause, index speed, etc.

I have been loading on 1050s since the mid 90s. Love them.

Currently I have three 1100s, one with a Mk7 that I use for processing brass. I process brass around 2,000 per hour. Loading pistol brass that has already been FL resized on my other 1100 is effortless. For calibers like 38/357, 30 Carbine and other tall straightwall flavors, doing them ahead of time is so nice.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
    I am not a fan of the AmmoBot. The Mk7 is a little more refined and you can independently tweak more of the settings like pause, index speed, etc.

I have been loading on 1050s since the mid 90s. Love them.

Currently I have three 1100s, one with a Mk7 that I use for processing brass. I process brass around 2,000 per hour. Loading pistol brass that has already been FL resized on my other 1100 is effortless. For calibers like 38/357, 30 Carbine and other tall straightwall flavors, doing them ahead of time is so nice.

That's the complete opposite from 2 other people I know using both. They have told me the Mark 7 yes has more features/controls via the tablet but is more finicky/problematic where the Ammobot is less frills but just straight runs without issue and cranks out ammo longer.

Idk, I have no skin in the automated press game... F-Class John was telling me the same thing yesterday

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Got the linkage torn apart last night. Today i Cleaned the bearings and linkages up. Soaked the bearings in mineral spirits, blew out with air, dried and repacked with red tacky grease as per Dillon instruction.

Put the linkage back together, red tacky on all parts except oil on main shaft and case feed slide. Looks and feels like new.

Just waiting on my parts order from Dillon to arrive to put the rest back together.

Started setting up my 2 brass prep and loading 5.56 toolheads. So far I have a Mighty Armory Gold FL sizing/decapping die in station 1. Dillon Carbide Trim Die with RT1500 trimmer in station 3 and a Lyman M Die in station 4.... I think that will do it for my brass processing toolhead.

In my loading toolhead I have a Mighty Armory Blue automated press decapping die in station 1 to knock anything out of primer pocket in case any media stuck in there, powder drop in station 3, Mr. Bulletfeeder bullet die in station 4, Forster Ultra Micrometer seating die in station 5 and a Dillon crimp die in station 6 to just close the slight flare from the M Die...

How's everyone else setting up there brass processing and loading toolheads for 5.56???

I think with this setup, I should be able to dry tumble my brass, run it through my brass processing toolhead to decap, FL size, swage, trim, flare case mouth then SS wet tumble to get it into a ready to load state without doing any processing manually ( THANK GOD)!

When I'm ready to load, brass is ready to go, just swap in loading toolhead..

Reactions: lou400a
    How's everyone else setting up there brass processing and loading toolheads for 5.56???
    I start by rollsizing all my brass. 223 included.

#2 FW Arms decap
    #3 FW Arms Swage
    #6 Dillon trim set to 1.745

Sometimes I add a carbide FL resize die in #8, but not that often these days.

I have been loading my 223 Ackley short range ammo on my 1100 lately.

I start by rollsizing all my brass. 223 included.

#2 FW Arms decap
    #3 FW Arms Swage
    #6 Dillon trim set to 1.745

Sometimes I add a carbide FL resize die in #8, but not that often these days.

I have been loading my 223 Ackley short range ammo on my 1100 lately.

What's up with the FW Arms swage?

Confessed 1050 addict. 1 dedicated 9mm, 1 dedicated.40, 3rd swings in .380 and .223. Keep them clean, lubed and deep clean every 5 k rounds. They run great.

Reactions: pmclaine and padom
    The FW decapper and swage dies are just like a Redding/Forster benchrest die with a floating sleeve.

That sleeve supports the neck of the case before the swage rod enters the case.

Finally got my Dillon parts order today. Replaced all the springs, items showing wear and put it all back together. Armonov lock ring and primer chute/tube, Inline mount and accessory arm/bin and light. Greased and oiled and did a test run. Running nice and smooth.

Got all the dies adjusted and locked down bumping 5.56 back 0.003, swaging, 21st century expander mandrel necks and M Die... just gotta throw the RT1500 on and adjust proper trim length then I'll pop the case feeder on and process 5000-10,000 pieces of brass.

I got probably 7500pc of brass ready to load and 3 tumblers running. Hahahaha

After that, I'll swap to my loading toolhead, get that all dialed in with Mr.Bulletfeeder setup. Then I'll run off 12k-15k 5.56 eith H335

Guy I got this from just messaged me he has another 1050 with Casefeeder, Mr.Bulletfeeder, Ammobot and all setup.for 9mm with dies for a blow your mind price...debating buying it and selling one of my XL650's.....

Last edited:
    RT1500 installed and dialed in. Just processed a quick 500 pieces of brass to test everything. Shes running great. Shoulder bump, trim length and swage are all dead on. Now I just need someone elses arm to pull the handle while I wait to grab this other 1050/Ammobot setup and get it torn down, cleaned and tuned up. Probably just use it for brass processing, idk we will see

Alright all brass has been processed and tumbled. I cranked out 3000+ rounds today in no time. Really crazy how fast I can crank them out.

1 thing I noticed is the little bit of powder that falls out of the powder dropper after a case has been charged and the toolhead goes back up... making a mess all over my toolhead. I'm using g WC844 which is like dust.

What's the fix for this? I read Uniqiutek sells this Arrendondo powder drop slide eith Micrometer for this very issue..

I also read using the old style powder bar return springs to close it off faster.

Anyone use one or have any other fixes??

Reactions: CK1.0
    With a toolhead all set up, it takes less than 10 minutes to change calibers. 5 more minutes if you change primer sizes.

I have a few spare toolheads.

wUDOsLf.jpg
    That’s the secret and the real expense of owning Dillions. They are super fast to change over, but my real investment is not the two 550’s (one for small primers, one for large primers) but all the tool heads filled with dies and powder throws. It adds up quick, but sure does make caliber changer over quick. (Especially in my IHMAS days when i was loading 7TCU, .223, .221 Fireball and 300 Whisper. All had same case head size. It was Quick! to change over).

All that said, the second slowest part was changing the faceplate which took a bit of care but the slowest part is changing over primer size. Thus, when finances allowed, own two presses.

Alright all brass has been processed and tumbled. I cranked out 3000+ rounds today in no time. Really crazy how fast I can crank them out.

1 thing I noticed is the little bit of powder that falls out of the powder dropper after a case has been charged and the toolhead goes back up... making a mess all over my toolhead. I'm using g WC844 which is like dust.

What's the fix for this? I read Uniqiutek sells this Arrendondo powder drop slide eith Micrometer for this very issue..

I also read using the old style powder bar return springs to close it off faster.

A heavy-duty rubber band works as well or better than the old powder return spring... all you're really trying to accomplish is closing the powder bar faster, USPSA blaster guys on the Enos' forum have been doing this for years. Some powders are easier to deal with than others though, the finer ball powders are going to always make a little mess (keeping one of those squeeze ball air blower thingys around to blow the tool head off helps).

These are great, I keep a couple in the reloading room and one in my pack to blow moisture/shit off scope lenses:

As far as the Arrendondo slide, just looks like a gimmick to spend money on to me, I don't see how it would help.

A heavy-duty rubber band works as well or better than the old powder return spring... all you're really trying to accomplish is closing the powder bar faster, USPSA blaster guys on the Enos' forum have been doing this for years. Some powders are easier to deal with than others though, the finer ball powders are going to always make a little mess (keeping one of those squeeze ball air blower thingys around to blow the tool head off helps).

These are great, I keep a couple in the reloading room and one in my pack to blow moisture/shit off scope lenses:

As far as the Arrendondo slide, just looks like a gimmick to spend money on to me, I don't see how it would help.

Yea I have a can of compressed air next to the press...

That's why I asked about the Arrendondo....for what it costs I want first hand accounts of it actually working before buying it.

I'm gonna try the heavy rubber bands today and see of that minimizes it.

Well the old rubber band fix worked like a charm! Cleaned everything up and lubed again, put on heavy duty rubber bands and my shell plate is clean. Thank God it was a mess before!!!

Reactions: CK1.0
    God I love this Super 1050! 24lb of powder gone this week cranking our M855 and M193 like it was nothing!!

Can't wait to pick up the second Super 1050 with Ammbot this week to restock all the 9mm 124gr and 9mm 147/165gr sub ammocans.

I turn 40 on Tuesday, wife ask what I wanted. I said nothing I already bought my presents...she doesn't know it was 2 Super 1050's, upgrades and ammobot. 🤪

Ran what's in the bin there, 300-400rd. Look how clean the shell plate is! So glad that mess is over with.

That's why I asked about the Arrendondo....for what it costs I want first hand accounts of it actually working before buying it.

For handgun calibers I like the Arredondo with the UniqueTek micrometer.

Scary accurate and dead balls repeatable.

For handgun calibers I like the Arredondo with the UniqueTek micrometer.

Scary accurate and dead balls repeatable.

Interesting. So you like it for the accuracy or the spillage or both??

I already have Uniqiutek micrometers on my 9mm, 223, 45acp and 10mm powder dropper. They are also polish to a mirror finish. Have been for years but they all use the stock dillon powder bar..

You may want to look at getting one of the CNC Toolheads. The threaded station over the primer is handy, especially on an automated press.

I've got 2 currently - a S1050 with an Ammobot and a RL1100 in manual mode.

There are several other options to the M7 to automate a press these days.

Reactions: padom

Out side of the usual bar fitment and timing fixes (spring/rubber band/pause at top of stroke) another cause can be a small gap when the internal drop tube wasn't pressed fully into the body.

About 12 minutes in you can see what he's going to fix.

Reactions: Arevalosocom
    Out side of the usual bar fitment and timing fixes (spring/rubber band/pause at top of stroke) another cause can be a small gap when the internal drop tube wasn't pressed fully into the body.

About 12 minutes in you can see what he's going to fix.

Rubber band fixed me up. I finished off running the rest of my processed 5.56 cases after adding the heavy rubber bands and my shell plate is nice and clean.

Time to get the second machine torn down, cleaned, rebuilt and lubed then dialed in for 9mm.

I have two 650’s. Both with Autodrives, Mr. Bulletfeeders and casefeeders. One is set up for 9mm and the other is set up for .45 ACP. Everything runs great.

I did have a problem with the most recently purchased Autodrive. Making an extremely long story very short…….

When installing an Autodrive, ALWAYS remove the screws in the base that go up into the vertical support tube, degrease them, apply Blue Loctite to them, re-install them and snug them down good.

I chased “Could not calibrate” faults for much longer than I care to admit and it was all because of those base screws being about two to two and a half turns loose. Mark 7 tech support wasn’t much help, I was the one that found the problem. And yes, the screws were factory installed.

Not sure, maybe the Autodrive version for 1050’s/1100’s don’t have them, but hopefully, this helps someone if they are having a problem.

God I can't decide if I sell my 650 with the gazillion tool heads in exchange kits I have and move all those calibers to the 1050 and get all new caliber exchange kits and Tool heads for them.....

Or I say fuck it and sell off the caliber exchange kits tool heads for what I'm now doing on my 10:50 and keep 10 mm 300 black 308 on the 650

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    I don't think changing primers over is a bid deal, but having a press dedicated to large and one dedicated to small certainly makes things better. You might look at it that way.

Reactions: Huskydriver
    God I can't decide if I sell my 650 with the gazillion tool heads in exchange kits I have and move all those calibers to the 1050 and get all new caliber exchange kits and Tool heads for them.....

Or I say fuck it and sell off the caliber exchange kits tool heads for what I'm now doing on my 10:50 and keep 10 mm 300 black 308 on the 650
    To me, it’s simply a matter of which press you ultimately want and what you’ll be happy with.

If that’s a 1050/1100, then go for it. Don’t wait until yer on yer deathbed, thinking “gee, I really wish I would have”………

Just do it…

To me, it’s simply a matter of which press you ultimately want and what you’ll be happy with.

If that’s a 1050/1100, then go for it. Don’t wait until yer on yer deathbed, thinking “gee, I really wish I would have”………

Just do it…

I already bought the 2 1050's....1 manual and 1 ammobot. I also have my 2 x XL650's, 550c, Co-Ax and Rockchucker...

I'm trying to decide if should get rid of one of these 650's....

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    So this is a little off topic and if I need to start a 550 thread for this purpose just say so and I will do that and move it.

How would you guys set it up if you were doing a new reloading room with about 13 of 14 linear feet available for bench, and the following presses tk put there.

7 - turret press (2 turrets total = 14 die locations)
    Mec- single
    Dillon 550c

And what operations would you do on which? I'm kind of struggling to figure out how best to set it up and I've never run a progressive press before.

Yes please start a new thread. Let's keep this on topic about Dillon 1050/1100

Yes please start a new thread. Let's keep this on topic about Dillon 1050/1100
    No problem at all sir. I will be happy to reference this thread again when I get a 1050, which may be sooner than later depending on how all of this other stuff works out.

Reactions: padom
    I already bought the 2 1050's....1 manual and 1 ammobot. I also have my 2 x XL650's, 550c, Co-Ax and Rockchucker...

I'm trying to decide if should get rid of one of these 650's....
    I have 2 - 1050’s. I run one for .223 and the other for 9mm. Anything else is done on the single press. I have over 10 tool heads setup for everything from 380 to 308. Just usually do only the 9mm and 223 now.

I'm running two 650's one small primer and the other large primer to load. I have one Super 1050 to process brass. The RT makes it short work, but I use Giraud to trim brass as it chamfers at the same time and I'm only doing few k at most at a time. I've used it mostly to make 300BLK brass and now 300 HAm'r.
    Just sold my Rockchuk and replaced it with Redding T-7. It looks like a nice press

Attachments

• IMG_5131.jpeg
      IMG_5131.jpeg
      620.2 KB · Views: 52