• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dingleberry donut around the muzzle from supressor

Lucks

Team Roberts Precision
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Central Texas
Just wondering what y'all use to remove the powder dingleberry left around the muzzle of the rifle from using a supressor. I haven't been cleaning my precision rifle very well after shooting supressed and now it's like a concrete donut around the muzzle. I hate to scrub it with a brush or anything too abrasive trying to get it off and run the risk of damaging the muzzle. Hell it looks like I may need a chisel or grinder to get it off at this point!:)

Also, I was also wondering if anyone had experienced having the powder build up around the muzzle so badly that it eventually caused accuracy issues.

Thanks!

Re: Dingleberry donut around the muzzle from supressor

After several thousand rounds I have seen AR15's develop issues due to residue buildup on the crown between the crown and the inside of the flash hider.

My rifle that did this I solved by simply strapping a dished plastic cone around the muzzle and filling it up with WipeOut foam and letting it sit for a few hours.

It came right off with a nylon brush and didn't hurt the crown in any way. Repeatability was quickly restored.

I have the same thing going on with a few rifles that I commonly run suppressed, when they start to throw shots I will do the same thing with them.

charmin.gif

A little shooters choice and brass brush will make quick work of that.

I've never had an accuracy issue because of it and I don't ever clean mine

i do a chamber plug, then muzzle up fill the barrel with GM top engine treatment to the crown till just about over flow.....at this point the crown is submerged ....then i place a spray cap plastic top on the whole barrel.......and let it sit

after some time the build-up just wipes away....and them i just pour out the stuff in the barrel brush, patch to clean.....

i do in fact save the fluid for further use for soaking brakes and pistol barrels and other parts that require a soaking.....