• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIP & EGW CZ bases unavailable. Options?

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
Greetings guys,

I tired to order a dip 20moa base for my 11mm Cz. DIP stuff is not currently available and they have lost my business anyway due to the way the are (not) conducting business.

I got this note from JoeBob:

""DIP is actually a very “small” company for the most part. They do not have a storefront, etc. We are by far their largest dealer. We FINALLY got ahold of DIP while we were in the airport leaving Vegas yesterday. He did not have a booth at SHOT but was there apparently. He hadn’t responded to my emails/phone calls/voice mails, however… (sigh). We got nowhere on any timelines on the phone. We’ve become very frustrated working with them over the last few months. We have orders that are “in stock” but not shipping for weeks, yet he’s in Vegas checking out products and not responding to my inquiries into business matters. Not exactly a way to treat your biggest dealer I wouldn’t think. I’m really sorry about the delays. If we could expedite the orders somehow, we definitely would. I’ll let you know if we find out any more information but at this point, still hitting a brick wall.

JoeBobOutfitters.com""

I pulled up the EGW website and they have nothing for the 11mm Cz as of yet.

So are their any other plus moa weaver/pickle style bases availible for a FAIR price?

Re: DIP & EGW CZ bases unavailable. Options?

USOptics makes them but they are over $100 if I remember right.

When I had a savage/anschutz, DIP rails for that were backordered. I then bought a CZ 452 and immediately went to DIP site and now they were out of stock for the CZ. I thought it was simply my fecal touch. I had Murphy Precision make one. Yes they are pricey but no more so than any other premium rail. I thought sure DIP would have some more by now. There are rails out there that will fit you just have to find them. I am convinced you can make a DIP for the anschutz 64 fit the CZ. My Murphy rail was actually made for the Savage/Anschutz( Mod 64). I placed some brass shim stock under the rail for the set screws to bite into and the raill is rock solid. I feel pretty certain a good smith can make the DIP for the Anny 64 fit the 452 they are both 11mm. the American is the only one with the 3/8 dovetail I believe.

Whats the difference of the cz version vs. the annie version of the dip rail? The e port cut out or?

(I'm a machinist.... I could probably make it work myself if doable..)

Tres if you have access to a milling machine you should be able to make your own. Order some blank aluminum picatinny and a dovetail cutter and you should be able to make one just like you want.

I had searched for an extended 20 MOA picatinny rail mount for a 453 22lr and ended up with the EGW HD. The EGW HD picatinny rail will work on the 11mm even though EGW's website states it is for the 3/8". I have both size rails on CZ rimfires and have switched the mount back and forth between the two. Most rings will not center correctly on both size of CZ rails but this picatinny adapter does. This is the new style, or at least newer style than the one I had seen compared on SH to another picatinny rail mount. The down side of the EGW is cost(@$90) and height(@.50").

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...brass shim stock under the rail for the set screws to bite into and the raill is rock solid. the American is the only one with the 3/8 dovetail I believe. </div></div> Where the DIP uses set screws from the top the EGW attaches by clamping from the sides. Some of the 453's use 3/8, some use 11mm. It is very confusing...

I can only speak for me not anyone else but a month ago I got an 11mm rail from DIP and had not problem with the transaction. You may want to PM him so far I have had not problems with DIP. His name is Dave and he goes by HotRod9mm over at rimfire central

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCCHET9296</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can only speak for me not anyone else but a month ago I got an 11mm rail from DIP and had not problem with the transaction. You may want to PM him so far I have had not problems with DIP. His name is Dave and he goes by HotRod9mm over at rimfire central</div></div>

I basically reproduced my initial statement here. over on RFCentral. Evidently He is a site sponsor.

The mods deleted it.

CUTE!

I just put 2 U.S. Optics 20MOA CZ-452 bases up in the "Options & Accessories" section. The bases are listed for a good price.