• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Direct thread or muzzle device?

rcmigpilot

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
Louisiana
Getting ready to E-file my form 1 for a can that will be used on my 6.5 and several .223s. My question is direct thread (bushing, rockset or similar almost permanent attachment, on the 223s to go from 1/2" to 5/8) or muzzle devices with the same attachment type on all? What are the pros and cons of each and if you think muzzle device is the way to go, which one? Also, kinda set on a form 1 built from a reputable kit as I have lathe and lathe operator access and I don't want to wait a year + for a factory can.

For using on multiple host’s I would definitely go with a Mount to make swapping over a breeze, I have alot of rifles and pistols and use the same Mount/brake on all of them. I have a F1 can that I really like it’s a DM premium 8”x1.5” with a SiCo ASR Mount and flash hider end cap, as a matter of fact I’m about to do another dedicated .22 can and a .45 cal pistol can, And it took only 19 days to get the serial number On the first F1 can. The lathe is how I’m going next time as well by being more precise I could build a better can due to just cutting the holes more precise and faster.

Last edited: