• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Dirt's Hide built 308

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
It started life as a 26" Remington Varmint Tactical. It is now an 18" snub nose in a Manners T5 with mini chassis.

The only thing about this rifle that is not from the Hide is the barreled action.

The stock, rings, base, brake, stock pack, rear bag, mags, USO anti cant level, bipod and RAD tac latch were all bought or traded for in the classified section here.

The scope and bolt work were through group buys from Long Rifles Inc. and G.A. Precision.

I had the barrel cut, crowned and indexed to the brake by Accurate Ordnance in Winder Georgia. They also made me the thread protector and coated it to match the barrel. Mark (BookHound) and his crew were very cool to deal with. When I picked the gun up everyone there stopped what they were doing to show me around the shop and talk guns. They had some cool builds going on. I highly recommend them.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand or a part in this one coming together. Look forward to using it for years to come.

Re: Dirt's Hide built 308

Thanks guys. I wish I would have kept track of who all I got the parts from but I saved a lot of money buying a lot of the parts second hand off of here. The rest came from vendors

You are always welcome at the shop.
wink.gif

Mark

Man that is a sweet rig. I've got the bug for a shorty bolter lately. Let us know how it shoots.

I did the same exact thing with a sps tac I picked up here.... Except I run a t4 and a vortex pst.... I call it my budget build. I have since decided to make it a sub gun only to run with my TBAC 30-BA.

Nice build man.

I haven't weighed it. I need to get a decent scale. The stock has 90% carbon fiber fill which cancels out the weight of the mini chassis. It was fairly light with a small Burris scope I had on it. With the HDMR it feels about the same weight as it was before getting 8" taken off the barrel. I really like how short it is and will be in the woods a lot with me this season.

I like the sbr idea with a can like the one in the 16-18" thread. If GA will pass the hunting with suppressors deal I will have to sign up for one. I'll be keeping this one at 18" for a while.

Thanks Mark, I'll be back. Wish the shop was about 2 hours closer haha

Soon man. I will get in touch with you when I can go and see if we can set something up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">better not go without me Tony! </div></div>

You know I don't go to the range without my bag boy!
wink.gif

Awesome brake! I would love to know how it shoots with that 18" barrel. Did you have action and bolt trued or anything else done to the barreled action?