• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disable Them? Or Just Leave Them?

MadDuner

Rankless Infidel
Minuteman
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Most of us have way more firearms than we could ever take with us if we had to evacuate or bail in the middle of the night during a SHTF situation.

So you will end up having to leave a bunch of stuff behind.
    Whether it’s locked up in a safe, or leaned in a corner - In your absence, people will still come and take it all, same thing with all the ammo you couldn’t take.

The stuff you leave behind.....
    Do you try and hide it in hopes you can return to reclaim it?
    Do you disable it all to render it unusable?
    Do you just pull the bolts or bolt carrier groups out and try to hide them?
    Take them with you?
    People will scrounge and take whatever they can find if they think it can help them in the future.

Do you leave it alone in hopes that somebody that would end up on your side gets it?
    Or can you take the risk that the enemy gets it?

I’d like to hear other people’s thoughts about this hypothetical situation.

3642527B-6026-4E62-8DBC-61A446C3E542.jpeg

It's a trick question....

While you may take a few with you what you leave out is that you're well within your cone of Fire when you get to your spot. Most likely there will be a net gain. You'll have clothing, food when you do the proper quartering... bone, jerky for trading when cash goes bad.

Its why i have sold most my stuff, plus streamline ammo and accessories. I don’t have enough ammo to not take it with me, if i did i would hide some in other places, or even at my own place, something clever.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
    This is going to be an issue for a lot of folks.

If you have 50 AR's but only the two hands God gave you, it would behoove you and the rest of the world if you kept the bolts out of 47 or so of them.

"Lil Dawg G and Bubba the Meth head went in with just a Hi point and came out with enough gunz to arm the whole 187 Street Killaz posse."

Reactions: deersniper
    I'll die in my house protecting it and my guns

Add and family to this statement and this would be me! With both my Wife and myself having health issues that make running difficult or impossible I will not be retreating. Without saying too much several of our neighbors have similar plans. It could be a bad neighborhood for looters!

I guess th answer the original question, it would be good to disable as many as possible. Remove the bolts or trigger groups or some other important parts.

Another thought would be to leave a few laying around that were functional with some ammo loaded with Bullseye. A lot of Bullseye! Maybe paint the bullet tips in some "off the wall" color for ID purposes. I didn't say that!!!

Reactions: HMRamateur
    Gelding a firearm is similar to self emasculation; and I am never gonna be a Buddhist Monk!

It's shallow thought to believe that they can only serve the ones who are forced to leave them behind.

Were I to abandon the A/O it would be on a permanent basis. The meth heads, storm troopers, etc., would no longer be my concern; but my receding neighbors might (might...)

I would leave a sign in front of the vacated site saying 'free guns in here'. At least some folks I know may find a valid use for them before the goon squads descend.

This is all conjectural, I do possess an M1905 sword bayonet (replica, those Chinese did have their uses) and a functioning Garand upon which to affix it.

Furthermore, I'm not going anywhere. If I am to die, I already live upon the ground where that's to happen.

Greg

Last edited:
    I have safes in 3 locations in town and then more at the BOL so as not have abandon all at one time.
    My neighbors are good people and expect to be passing out arms before bugging out.

Or load a round in each one with double the powder!

Taking them with me in the vehicle.

Or hide the bolts and guns separate

Or leave all the 223s loaded with supersonic 300blk

Arm your new found friends that finally realize that train to Auschwitz is for them and they suddenly have discovered an appreciation for our Republic.

Advise them death is only authorized on a minimum 4:1 ratio in our favor as you do so.

Have them accept the fact they are already dead so that they can function.

Than try to convince yourself you can meet the standards you just set.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
    Didn’t they used to instruct GI’s in ww1-2 to snap off the tips of their firing pins in the chamber pressure relief port if leaving guns behind?