• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disabled training and matches

mexicanmatch

dallasa1
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
lanexa,va
for years now i have wanted to get a refresher glass in Rifle and try my hand at targets. I liken so many can not run, go through the woods and all the other fun. I can only lay on mother earth or use a bench. Does anybody know were i can do this type of shooting. Talking to others we are arm chair shooters, we are not getting any younger and would like to share the fun of shooting again. Thank You. MM

Re: Disabled training and matches

Probably be too far to drive but Rayners up here in OH has steel from 234 to 1000 yards with benches at each location and also room for prone shooters. He charges $10.00 for use of his property for the entire day. We only have two more matches this year with one being this coming weekend (Sept 22 & 23) and the next on the fourth Sunday of next month. Quite a few of us are getting a bit past the prime and don't like the 3 mile hikes for a shoot and we've found this to suit our needs quite well and is very challenging.

The Rayners are also great folks and will do whatever it takes to accommodate shooters.

http://www.raynersrange.com/

Topstrap

Both the CMP and NRA make allowences for disabilities.

I'm a CSM GSM MI and run clinics and GSM matches. We go out of our way to make sure anyone who wants to can shoot.

A lot of the Action Pistol groups have catagories for disabilities, even shooting from wheel chairs.

From what I have read most matches will make allowances. Last Saturday I shot my 1st rifle match, it was to be shot in the prone position, but there were a few of us that shoot off benches. It was no big deal, no one questioned why and everyone helpful. I had also read that for those of us that don't conform to match rules, you will still be able to shoot the match, they just won't report your score to NRA.

I hope that helps, keep in touch and let me know what you come up with.

This all sounds good. majojnson I am not into it to score, just to meet like people who also enjoy the shooting sport and have a lot of safe fun. Thanks all for your response. MM