• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes disappointment in vortex bubble level

savage110

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Well I bought a vortex bubble level a few months back off of midway usa to have ready to mount when my rifle arrived, and when I went to mount it today without applying excessive force by any means ( I was doing quarter turn on each screw and it wasn't even tightly on when I felt one screw let go while tightening it. So it turns out the threads stripped and appear to be made of very cheap material.

This is not a bash, it is an honest review of the product I received and Im sure it was a lemon and that Sam and the crew will make it right, hopefully If I receive a replacement it will be of better quality.

Re: disappointment in vortex bubble level

A gun smith I know told me that midwayusa gets seconds on some things. I don’t know and probably shouldn’t repeat that. That’s usually the first place I go to and never had a problem with them. Has anyone else heard that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I bought a vortex bubble level a few months back off of midway usa to have ready to mount when my rifle arrived, and when I went to mount it today without applying excessive force by any means ( I was doing quarter turn on each screw and it wasn't even tightly on when I felt one screw let go while tightening it. So it turns out the threads stripped and appear to be made of very cheap material.

This is not a bash, it is an honest review of the product I received and Im sure it was a lemon and that Sam and the crew will make it right, hopefully If I receive a replacement it will be of better quality.</div></div>

So...Have you bothered to contact Vortex or Midway yet to discuss the issue and possibly ask for a refund or replacement?

Definitely give us a call. The number is 1-800-426-0048 and ask for customer care. They will take care of it for you.

Sorry that you had that happen.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuntinAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure Vortex and/or Midway will make it right. </div></div>
Midway is a no go, It was bought a while back and I believe there return policy is 14 days....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely give us a call. The number is 1-800-426-0048 and ask for customer care. They will take care of it for you.

-Sam </div></div>

Sam Ill give you guys a call on monday morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely give us a call. The number is 1-800-426-0048 and ask for customer care. They will take care of it for you.

-Sam </div></div>

Sam Ill give you guys a call on monday morning. </div></div>

No problem. We'll get it replaced for you directly, so you don't need to worry about bothering Midway.

-Sam

If nothing else, drill and tap it yourself. I know it can be a disappointment when things like this happen, but it isn't the end of the world.

I say this, simply because there are some things that I have and use that just don't meet my standards. No bashing intended, but some things just don't. When that happens, and I have means to be able to correct it to make it MY standards, that is exactly what I do.

Just an alternative. AND... it is just my $0.02 worth.

DK