• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Disapproved Dungeon (eforms)

Texas Knight

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2022
Texas
Has anyone else out there been denied because of the "non-citizen" bug from the Silencershop eform process? I got my disapproval notice yesterday after a 75 day wait, I know it isnt as long as paper form 4's but still discouraging. Has anyone gotten advice from SS on a way forward or are we in a hurry up and wait moment? First time I've ever had a form 4 denied, so this is a weird feeling.

-TK

I double checked my original eform. I did individual, and had to fill out the questions through SS software. One approved and waiting on another, but the correct box is checked on mine. Wonder how that would happen. When you certified did the dealer fill it out for you?

Reactions: 338dude
I double checked my original eform. I did individual, and had to fill out the questions through SS software. One approved and waiting on another, but the correct box is checked on mine. Wonder how that would happen. When you certified did the dealer fill it out for you?
Mine did as I was patient "zero" and they was no laptop set-up, etc. . I should have gone over it but all I verified was the docusign forms and them waited 2 months to get certified. My bad...

• Sad
From what I can glean from the interwebz anyone who submitted as an individual in February is probably getting denied.

It’s real easy to check, just look at your form from the email the atf gave you, and not the Cleo one.

Reactions: nikonNUT
It’s real easy to check, just look at your form from the email the atf gave you, and not the Cleo one.
Agreed but if you check the one that was sent to you by the ATF isn't it already submitted aka can't be modified aka going to get denied?

Agreed but if you check the one that was sent to you by the ATF isn't it already submitted aka can't be modified aka going to get denied?
Yea. Just delivering early disappointment.

When I did my individuals early on I had to check all the boxes. The software was goofy though, it didn’t really give you time to check, just zapped you to the next page.

So, what are my options? My dealer is unsure about resubmit with a Serbian number that has already been submitted??

Everyone was uber excited to get e forms back and running. Seems they are still in clusterfuck operating system. Hopefully they get it straight, but my money says no.

I was denied on an eform1 because of a typo on the serial number. The person that I talked to at the NFA branch said there is no provision to amend an eForm, and the only recourse is to resubmit. They were, however, prompt with the refund…

Yea. Just delivering early disappointment.

When I did my individuals early on I had to check all the boxes. The software was goofy though, it didn’t really give you time to check, just zapped you to the next page.
True that! The full auto part is accurate when it comes to propagating the forms but as far as a chance to check as you go…. Not so much. I’m not mad, this is a duplicate mask so that I can have two for my 22s. I’ll get it when I get it (or a refund) but I feel for the folks who are doing their first go and are getting shot down right out of the gate.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
Has anyone else out there been denied because of the "non-citizen" bug from the Silencershop eform process? I got my disapproval notice yesterday after a 75 day wait, I know it isnt as long as paper form 4's but still discouraging. Has anyone gotten advice from SS on a way forward or are we in a hurry up and wait moment? First time I've ever had a form 4 denied, so this is a weird feeling.

-TK
Nothing I did, and no paperwork issues from Silencer Shop, but when I was waiting on my Rugged Obsidian 45 after 7 months in, it got disapproved randomly, and I had no idea why, the dealer never called me and said anything (after finding out why, they were probably embarrassed, I'm sure), the ATF never called or said anything, just called to check on it one day, and the guy said, "Disapproved..." and I was like WHAT??? Ended up talking to a really nice examiner, and she told me that the dealer got audited by the ATF, and about 100+ Form 4's got denied because of the audit. And I was one of the "chosen few" 🙄. And you are right, it is a VERY weird gut-wrenching feeling when you find out your Form was denied or disapproved, and nobody will tell you why... You start thinking about all the crazy scenarios of mistaken identity, etc... Luckily more times than not, it's just a paperwork error, but it still hits you like a Mack truck. LOL That was the first time I had EVER been denied anything firearms related, so naturally, I was freaking out for like a week until I got some answers. 😂

So, I had to wait until the audit was over before they could resubmit, and what was just a week or 2 shy of an approval (based on the time frame from my other 2 bought the day before that got approved), it ended up taking 14 months before I got my damn Obsidian 45 in-hand. All because the dealer hired an idiot, and he screwed up a bunch of paperwork, and caused a huge clusterfuck. 🤬 I'm glad all 3 of those cans are now home and AWAY from that dealer. I'll never use them again. Plus, it was 75 miles away, and they didn't even have a range.

Now I use my local range, and they have a kiosk, and are a Powered SS dealer, so I've been using them for the last year. I get conjugal visits, they know me, and everything has gone smoothly on my first of 2 paper forms, and that can is home now. Just waiting on my final paper Form to come back, and then I'll be happy. Then we get to try the eForm system with the 2 new OCL cans. I just hope they've fixed that bug, so I don't have to deal with any of that shit you did.

Moral of the story, even if you buy through SS and use the kiosk, the dealer can still find a way to fuck your paperwork up...So, choose your dealers wisely. Don't pick Billy Bob's garage FFL for your transfer. 👍🏼

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Knight
From what I can glean from the interwebz anyone who submitted as an individual in February is probably getting denied.
Does anyone know if they've since fixed the glitch? I know we're only talking 4-6 weeks since 3/1, but still, has anyone heard if they've fixed the screwup in the system? I want to know before submitting my eForms for my new OCL cans. They dealer is cool, so I can sit on them as long as I want up there until I'm ready, so if I have to wait-out the glitches I can. I don't want to, but to avoid dealing with that shit, I will wait it out.

Does anyone know if they've since fixed the glitch? I know we're only talking 4-6 weeks since 3/1, but still, has anyone heard if they've fixed the screwup in the system? I want to know before submitting my eForms for my new OCL cans. They dealer is cool, so I can sit on them as long as I want up there until I'm ready, so if I have to wait-out the glitches I can. I don't want to, but to avoid dealing with that shit, I will wait it out.
My form was certified early Feb. I checked the form that the ATF sent me after I certified and the US citizen box is checked. This was a SIlemcer Shop purchase certified at a local dealer. Take that for what you paid for it.

Reactions: FuhQ
My form was certified early Feb. I checked the form that the ATF sent me after I certified and the US citizen box is checked. This was a SIlemcer Shop purchase certified at a local dealer. Take that for what you paid for it.
I wonder if since I've already bought 5 cans from SS using the same demographic info, the same SingleShot Trust, etc... with ZERO issues. I wonder if since that info has long-been established in the SS system, and proven correct on their end when submitting paper forms and DocuSigns in the past, if that will help avoid this glitch?

I wonder how many of these denials from this glitch were from people who JUST opened a SS account, and had never bought through them before, and this was their first purchase? Seems like something worth looking into... 🤔

Nothing I did, and no paperwork issues from Silencer Shop, but when I was waiting on my Rugged Obsidian 45 after 7 months in, it got disapproved randomly, and I had no idea why, the dealer never called me and said anything (after finding out why, they were probably embarrassed, I'm sure), the ATF never called or said anything, just called to check on it one day, and the guy said, "Disapproved..." and I was like WHAT??? Ended up talking to a really nice examiner, and she told me that the dealer got audited by the ATF, and about 100+ Form 4's got denied because of the audit. And I was one of the "chosen few" 🙄. And you are right, it is a VERY weird gut-wrenching feeling when you find out your Form was denied or disapproved, and nobody will tell you why... You start thinking about all the crazy scenarios of mistaken identity, etc... Luckily more times than not, it's just a paperwork error, but it still hits you like a Mack truck. LOL That was the first time I had EVER been denied anything firearms related, so naturally, I was freaking out for like a week until I got some answers. 😂

So, I had to wait until the audit was over before they could resubmit, and what was just a week or 2 shy of an approval (based on the time frame from my other 2 bought the day before that got approved), it ended up taking 14 months before I got my damn Obsidian 45 in-hand. All because the dealer hired an idiot, and he screwed up a bunch of paperwork, and caused a huge clusterfuck. 🤬 I'm glad all 3 of those cans are now home and AWAY from that dealer. I'll never use them again. Plus, it was 75 miles away, and they didn't even have a range.

Now I use my local range, and they have a kiosk, and are a Powered SS dealer, so I've been using them for the last year. I get conjugal visits, they know me, and everything has gone smoothly on my first of 2 paper forms, and that can is home now. Just waiting on my final paper Form to come back, and then I'll be happy. Then we get to try the eForm system with the 2 new OCL cans. I just hope they've fixed that bug, so I don't have to deal with any of that shit you did.

Moral of the story, even if you buy through SS and use the kiosk, the dealer can still find a way to fuck your paperwork up...So, choose your dealers wisely. Don't pick Billy Bob's garage FFL for your transfer. 👍🏼
Yeah this is my first time working with Silencershop and it isnt the best start to a new relationship. The dealer is very reputable but this silencershop middle-man paperwork has me a little weary. I did an eform on an Ultra 9 with my usual class 3 SOT dealer last month and it went smooth as ever, no BS to deal with. I will probably be done doing business with Silencershop after this fiasco is settled.

Yeah this is my first time working with Silencershop and it isnt the best start to a new relationship. The dealer is very reputable but this silencershop middle-man paperwork has me a little weary. I did an eform on an Ultra 9 with my usual class 3 SOT dealer last month and it went smooth as ever, no BS to deal with. I will probably be done doing business with Silencershop after this fiasco is settled.
I wonder how many others were first time users? I’m curious to know how many existing SS customers did eForms at the same time, and didn’t have any issues… 🤔

I used the SS Kiosk a year ago for a paper form 4 and had zero issues. Took a few days less than a year. Used kiosk for eform in January and it was super easy. Did not have to retake picture or redo prints. This is my third can. Still waiting on my dealer to resubmit. Sent SS a copy of my denial as well. Still sounds like I go to back of line…

Brad

@FuhQ this is can #3 for me and the only thing I’ve had to update was my photo. Nothing else has changed since 2018.

I was denied on an eform1 because of a typo on the serial number. The person that I talked to at the NFA branch said there is no provision to amend an eForm, and the only recourse is to resubmit. They were, however, prompt with the refund…
Yeah I was denied on a form1 because I didn't sign it. It was an eform 1 but it's a trust so I should have signed it. I thought my digital sig was enough but it's not. That was just before the massive form1 denials. They said since it was denied vs put on hold or pending ect, there's nothing that can be done accept resubmit as new. I don't think it matters what happened if you submit a new one so that's what I would do if I were you. Your serial number probably isn't in the queue since it was denied but who knows with these jokers. I'd definitely give it a shot and resubmit it.

I can’t even get my suppressor certified. My dealer and I spent a hour yesterday again trying to connect to SilencerShops system to certify. I’ve done 3 suppressors with SilencerShop before Eforms and they went very smoothly, the eforms is a different story. Until they smooth out the kinks with their half of eforms I don’t think I will be using them again either as I’ve been on form 3 for 3 months just trying to get mine certified.

**Fingers crossed
You don’t have to cross anything, just go look at your submission.

I have two submitted end of January. One is already approved, one is still waiting. Double checked the last one to make sure it was all filled out correctly in the atf email and it appears so. I’ll just keep checking my email every few minutes

You don’t have to cross anything, just go look at your submission.

I have two submitted end of January. One is already approved, one is still waiting. Double checked the last one to make sure it was all filled out correctly in the atf email and it appears so. I’ll just keep checking my email every few minutes
Fingers crossed it didn’t affect trust submissions since you don’t see the RP forms on the submission

I can’t even get my suppressor certified. My dealer and I spent a hour yesterday again trying to connect to SilencerShops system to certify. I’ve done 3 suppressors with SilencerShop before Eforms and they went very smoothly, the eforms is a different story. Until they smooth out the kinks with their half of eforms I don’t think I will be using them again either as I’ve been on form 3 for 3 months just trying to get mine certified.
Same happened to me. Dealer got zero support for 4 weeks. I finally canceled my order last week and formed 3 to a non SS dealer.

Well, Silencer Shop seems to be on top of this one but I had to use Reddit to get a response. Details have been sent and we shall see how it goes!

Last edited:
Well, Silencer Shoip seems to be on top of this one but I had to use Reddit to get a response. Details have been sent and we shall see how it goes!
What all did you do to get a response? I figured with SS being a Sponsor on here they would be lending us more help.

What all did you do to get a response? I figured with SS being a Sponsor on here they would be lending us more help.
There is a thread about the citizenship issue and they are reaching out to people.

Here is the link to the thread. Full disclosure, click at your own peril but SS reached out quick like!!!

Last edited:
There is a thread about the citizenship issue and they are reaching out to people. I am verifying the e-mail address I was given right now. Yes, it is legit. [email protected]

Here is the link to the thread. Full disclosure, click at your own peril but SS reached out quick like!!!

I emailed them a little over 24 hours ago, hoping to get a response in the next few days :rolleyes:

Just brutal. I waited 7 months on my very first can in 2015 only to call for an update and they had no record of it. I drove an hour to the shop that did the paper work. Turns out the guy that helped me was forgetful and had been fired for that reason. My paper form 4 and their check (they insisted on sending their own check) we’re still in the file and never even sent. They said we will send it right now and I said hell no give me back my money and I’m going elsewhere.

I just checked my March 17 filing from SS kiosk and I’m good on citizenship. Sorry this is happening to you guys.

As a data point; I certified two on 4/3 and the boxes were checked correctly. Docusigned for those in mid November.

First cans on efile or silencer shop. My first can was the old fashioned way with my own finger print cards and stuff.

Sorry guys… 1/24/22 certified. Second approved eform. SS individual.

Attachments

• 64DB1E2F-062D-4503-B6AB-677865CE3182.jpeg
    64DB1E2F-062D-4503-B6AB-677865CE3182.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 100
I have been waiting 12 moths now for a thunder beast 338 ultra and already have a dead air sandman L I dont know if your awear of the Biden Administration holding up applications...

I have not and I called ATF gave them my name the ser.# of the can the date the stamp was cashed and they said it has not been processed yet the 10th of next moth will be a year.

Also I dont think I will get mine until after 2024 because of Biden's Executive Order and this is why you getting denied.

If legislators on both sides of the isle spent as much effort on crafting good legislation as they do on crafting catchy acronym titles, we as a country would be in a better place. HEAR Act. SHUSH Act. Its like the country is being run by kindergarteners...