• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disassebmly of a 700P

Cavalry99

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
Florence, KY
OK, so I have lurked for a long time now. Have learned a great deal, look forward to the information that I will receive here in the years to come.

I have a 700P that I bought used. It's been a great shooter, sub MOA all day long. Previous owner said he had it bedded, I have no reason to belive otherwise.

At this point I hear the Krylon cans calling it's name, and am wanting to paint the stock. Is there any reason to avoid taking the stock off and painting it? Any potential loss for accuracy?

Thanks, and please go easy on the FNG!

Re: Disassebmly of a 700P

just please don't paint it pink with sparkles.......unless you are so inclined ....then we would have to ban you !

AND complete your profile please..............

just paint it all up. Just tape the trigger up, put an earplug in the muzzle, and stuff cotton up in the chamber and breech area. Spray away

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just paint it all up. Just tape the trigger up, put an earplug in the muzzle, and stuff cotton up in the chamber and breech area. Spray away </div></div>

I am not that brave yet!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Morten</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just paint it all up. Just tape the trigger up, put an earplug in the muzzle, and stuff cotton up in the chamber and breech area. Spray away </div></div>

I am not that brave yet!!</div></div>

.....LUKE.....FEEL THE FORCE !

OK, so I did it. Learned alot. Somewhat happy with it.

stock001.jpg

stock002.jpg