• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Discreet backpacks for an SBR in urban environments?

Sid Post

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma, USA
I'm looking at the Noveske backpack, the Eberlestock Cherry Bomb and, similar items from 5.11. What works for you and why? Specifically, I'm looking for something non-tactical that can hold an Uzi SMG (full-size or mini), M-16, and MP-5's. I want quality construction that won't "print/outline" if someone bumps into me or I need to set it down for some reason. Discreet to me includes something that doesn't rattle (i.e. magazine chatter) and similar things.

Reviews seem to be somewhat limited and generally not oriented for this type of application so, any experiences with these products or something similar is appreciated. Any yes, I have considered guitar cases, keyboard cases, etc but, that won't work for me.

TIA,
Sid

Phantom Trekker SBR Bag

No experience with it but Tactical Tailor makes awesome gear, in America at that. Unfortunately you just missed the once a year "Founder's Day Sale" to get it at 30% off.

LBT & 2VA - Backpacks - Bags, Backpacks, Packs London Bridge Trading Inc.

London Bridge is another excellent builder of gear, again American made.

Tactical Tailor is local to me, we used LOTS of their gear. Family operated, good folks, quality gear. They'll make some stuff custom too.

Your best bet for undercover carry of that may be to just modify a suitable civilian backpack. It'll be the least tactical in nature. Find one you like, then have the padding, mag holders, etc., all sewn in custom. If not Tactical Tailor or the like, there are tons of seamstresses and sewers that do all kinds of stuff outside infantry posts. Just about anything you can think of. That's where I'd start were I you.

Tactical Tailor is local to me, we used LOTS of their gear. Family operated, good folks, quality gear. They'll make some stuff custom too.

Your best bet for undercover carry of that may be to just modify a suitable civilian backpack. It'll be the least tactical in nature. Find one you like, then have the padding, mag holders, etc., all sewn in custom. If not Tactical Tailor or the like, there are tons of seamstresses and sewers that do all kinds of stuff outside infantry posts. Just about anything you can think of. That's where I'd start were I you.

I like this solution $350 for a nylon backpack is insane!!,!

The Noveske is a good pack. Its roomy, well built and very rugged. I've used mine 5 days a week for the last two years. 0 issues.

Pay for quality. I did not find a regular backpack that would fit the bill, and I looked...........

+2 for modifying and using a civilian bag. All these "low profile" bags with the huge price tags don't fool anyone,even with the color schemes they use. They just don't look like normal bags, especially to gun savvy people.

I used the 5.11 bag with an MP7, it is designed for an MP5, and you can shoe horn an M4/AR15 variant in there if it has a 7" barrel.