• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Discreet carbine carrying case?

EchosGalahad

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2023
Colorado
Im striking out, hoping you guys might have a line on a discreet carrying case for a carbine in the 32" range. I live in an apartment, and would like to be able to take it to and from the range or camping without announcing to the world what I am carrying.

Ive seen the pelican and guitar style cases but both are huge by comparison. Appreciate any help gents.

I use one of these and break down my rifle. Since it’s small you can’t really tell you’re lugging around one. They have different sizes.

Im striking out, hoping you guys might have a line on a discreet carrying case for a carbine in the 32" range. I live in an apartment, and would like to be able to take it to and from the range or camping without announcing to the world what I am carrying.

Ive seen the pelican and guitar style cases but both are huge by comparison. Appreciate any help gents.

715Jw9bpN3L._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Wilson Advantage Tennis Bag Series​

I'm hoping to avoid breaking it down ideally. Grey ghost pack is good looking though. Charger I would be all over the tennis bag if i could find one that wasn't so damn flimsy.

I'm hoping to avoid breaking it down ideally. Grey ghost pack is good looking though. Charger I would be all over the tennis bag if i could find one that wasn't so damn flimsy.
Get a triple bag, cut to fit a 2 inch thick peice of styrofoam and put in the middle compartment. Or put a tennis racket in the middle

Reactions: EchosGalahad
Breaking it down will be the way to go I think, I break mine down and use a pelican case or a REI duffel bag depending on the situation.

hoping you guys might have a line on a discreet carrying case for a carbine in the 32" range. I live in an apartment, and would like to be able to take it to and from the range or camping without announcing to the world what I am carrying.
@ 32" there is nothing discreet about the object you are toting in daylight to anyone with 20-20 vision; at night time it might confused as your shadow.

Average adult tennis racket 25-29". Std. guitar 38".

Most folks won't be hugging those packages between their knees on the metro bus as you try to grey ghost out of town. A rifle with ammo will weigh 3-5X of any other of those faux packages. "wonder why that guys tennis racket seems so heavy, should be on rollers!" Most people are so absorbed in 2023 with their friggin cell phones they will never see you carry open to the bus station.

Here's a grey ghost with 16" Colt and a Noveske N4 withing a LaRue discreet carry (take down and with LawTactical folder options) and most with a folder will fit in a backpack. Neither looks like an over night suitcase or a tennis racket......those looking to jump your bones will know the not-so-subtle differences.

Blue Force Gear Jedburgh backpack with KAC.
IMG_6669a copy.jpg
IMG_6670 copy.jpg
IMG_6672a copy.jpg
DSCN3175 copy.JPG
DSCN3177 copy.JPG
IMG_3164a copy.jpg
LaRue Covert Rifle Case Information copy 2.png
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3953 copy 2.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3956 copy 5.JPG

Carrying assembled will require much greater levels of deception. Even then, a trained eye will not be fooled.
A keyboard case and musicians wardrobe will make the average observer more comfortable. That's about it.
Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 4.40.59 PM.png

However, breaking it down and fitting cleverly into a backpack is much more discreet, especially in your camping activities. I'd stay with brands you can buy at REI, or Vanquest ibex is excellent too The shape belies the length of the contents and it hides weight well. I am able to fit a few inches over the rating by packing diagonally.
Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 6.15.08 PM.png

I like the Ibanez soft cases for a discreet case. They have decent padding and some external pockets thats nice for carrying mags and other acc's. Carrying it vertically with the handle or backpack straps allows it to carry a pretty heavy rifle without printing or deforming. Nobody gives you a single look until walk into the range, then all the tactical toms decked out in 5.11 can't figure out why you wouldn't want to advertise to the world that you're going shooting. I like being able to go to and from the vehicle without people seeing guns and gear.

Break it down.
I use a Kelty backpack (that I got used for free).

Look like every other guy in Denver.

Works well for a 10.5” folder too.
And chest rig.

I look like an outdoorsy guy/hiker (I are one) so it blends in really well.

Otherwise, I load quick and discreet from garage to truck and no one notices.
Just a guy loading his truck.
Hard to hide my 26” barrel bolt guns in a sports bag. (Old friend who did LEO sniper work for years used a hard sided golf club airline case in and out of buildings to be discreet).

I appreciate all the responses! Its a hard question to ask and not come across as a unabomber.... I just spent considerable time bedding, shim washers at the front pivot pin to make my ar feel rock solid no wiggle or slop. I dont plan to have multiple uppers for this guy, and if I break it down I lose the damn washers every time. May need to invest in a law folder... I agree anyone who is into guns is gonna know, Im more worried about the family or kiddos etc.

Also like the idea of having access to it for a road trip, without worrying about someone looking in my window and going oh hell yeah score.

I went with a savior 34 "discreet" pack. Hopefully that will work for this move, gonna rethink the law folder now.

I appreciate all the responses! Its a hard question to ask and not come across as a unabomber.... I just spent considerable time bedding, shim washers at the front pivot pin to make my ar feel rock solid no wiggle or slop. I dont plan to have multiple uppers for this guy, and if I break it down I lose the damn washers every time. May need to invest in a law folder... I agree anyone who is into guns is gonna know, Im more worried about the family or kiddos etc.

Also like the idea of having access to it for a road trip, without worrying about someone looking in my window and going oh hell yeah score.

I went with a savior 34 "discreet" pack. Hopefully that will work for this move, gonna rethink the law folder now.
I don't want to drift your thread much, but you can get oversized pivot/ takedown pins to help with upper to lower play.

If you use a tennis bag or a field hockey bag or whatever, for bonus points stuff the appropriate sporting instrument in there too but leave a bit of it sticking out.

BB170D61-4EC5-4206-959F-14FF697F7594.jpeg

Triple bonus points for short tennis skirt lol you could have a tactical nuke in there and no one would bat an eye

msgriff- So machinist here, im still newer to ar15's granted, but my pins are almost on size to the upper stubs and lower holes. However when I mic the upper stubs Im getting .4965 but the corresponding lower channel is .5025. So tried the shim washers, .004 on each side of the stub and thing is bank vault.

When I mic my pins im getting .2486 and the holes are .2492/.2495.

Reactions: msgriff
If you use a tennis bag or a field hockey bag or whatever, for bonus points stuff the appropriate sporting instrument in there too but leave a bit of it sticking out.

View attachment 8162552

Triple bonus points for short tennis skirt lol you could have a tactical nuke in there and no one would bat an eye
This day and age, I might look less out of place with said skirt...... =P

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased

Any tweaker who looks inside your window and sees a large bag will happily smash your window for that bag, regardless of what's inside. Doesn't matter whether they think it's a firearm or not.

IMO that case is not a very discreet case. I bought both the 30 and 34 and ended up returning the 34 because it looked like a rifle case to me and despite not screaming tacticool with multicam, molle, and velcro all over it, it still looked like a carbine case. The 30 looks like it could be something else. You've gotta take a 16" down to fit though unless you have a folder which I think would be too thick for in there. With my rifle taken apart and just a suppressor and bipod stuffed in voids between but on the other side of the dividers it's about full. Could maybe get some thin single mag velcro singles in there or something. Overall I don't really use it much, I prefer instrument cases for low key. It's a very well make and laid out case for the $$ though.

If you're worried about someone looking in your window and smashing it, if they see that case and are looking to steal shit your window is getting smashed. It's a large case, very wide, and noticeable. If you got a black case and have black interior with very dark tint on all windows you may be alright but other than that if they're looking for it they're probably going to see it.

For what you're looking for I think a double tennis racket case with a law folder is the way to go. Nobody is going to look at a tennis racket bag and smash a window for it. If you leave something else laying out of value and they break in for it they might grab it but I can't imagine tennis rackets being of much value to a thief. I could easily see someone breaking into a vehicle for the change in the cup holder and not even touching a tennis racket case.

If you have gun stickers all over your vehicle just ignore this, lock your doors and hope for the best.

To elaborate on having it accessible on a road trip, and mentioning kids... If you're planning on putting a discreet case in the rear floorboard or something and have people sit back there you can scrap that idea right now unless they're toddlers in booster seats. There will be legroom on one side with any of the case options mentioned in here unless you drive some little jelly bean of a car, but you're not getting two bigger kids let alone adults in the back seat with any sort of leg room comfort. I drive a crew cab superduty that has a massive back seat with lots legroom and I'm short and I wouldn't want to sit in the back seat with it at my feet for going much further than around the block.

If you're wanting to put it in the back seat and get people back there a thinner soft guitar case with nothing but the rifle MAY work depending on the vehicle and the people. It will sit below seat level on most trucks and suvs and the neck portion sets over the transmission tunnel hump well. You could possibly put it vertical and have someone sit there with their feet in front or behind it.

The best thing to do might be just order a few different options on amazon, leave the tags on but play with them to see what works the best, and return what doesn't.

To elaborate on having it accessible on a road trip, and mentioning kids... If you're planning on putting a discreet case in the rear floorboard or something and have people sit back there you can scrap that idea right now unless they're toddlers in booster seats. There will be legroom on one side with any of the case options mentioned in here unless you drive some little jelly bean of a car, but you're not getting two bigger kids let alone adults in the back seat with any sort of leg room comfort. I drive a crew cab superduty that has a massive back seat with lots legroom and I'm short and I wouldn't want to sit in the back seat with it at my feet for going much further than around the block.

If you're wanting to put it in the back seat and get people back there a thinner soft guitar case with nothing but the rifle MAY work depending on the vehicle and the people. It will sit below seat level on most trucks and suvs and the neck portion sets over the transmission tunnel hump well. You could possibly put it vertical and have someone sit there with their feet in front or behind it.

The best thing to do might be just order a few different options on amazon, leave the tags on but play with them to see what works the best, and return what doesn't.
no kiddos! Ever, just 3 rescue pups =D. I was thinking front seat. I have a net divider between front and rear seats to protect my girls.

This is a interesting idea. Because the main compartment extends into what appears to be side pockets, the total length is somewhat disceptive.

Since the savior bag is about the size of a skateboard bag, I laser cut some birdhouse, skateboarding isnt a crime, tony hawk, few other stencils gonna lightly spray them all over the bag then grab a cheap protec helmet. Atleast to and from vehicle itll look like I just care about my boards. In the truck its gonna be under a blanket on the floorboard.

I have the older version of this but when it was made by Tactical Tailor, had it for at least 10 years now. I originally bought it to use when I rode the motorcycle to the range so that it wasn't obvious what I was carrying. Still flawless to this day.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased