• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Discreet Gun Cases

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I'm looking for some ideas for discreet rifle and/or pistol cases.

For the long guns, I'm considering the guitar case from either Savior Equipment or the Hazard 4 Battle Axe Guitar-Shaped Padded Rifle Case.

I have a couple of AR-15 pistols but with suppressors they are a little long for some of the ideas that I've seen floated around.

Any case ideas would need to accommodate a few extra magazines.

Photos appreciated.

Reactions: Moose
    The instrument cases only work for discretion if it's somewhere one would expect to see an instrument. Another consideration if the concern is theft, use a case that wouldn't be holding something valuable.

The instrument cases only work for discretion if it's somewhere one would expect to see an instrument. Another consideration if the concern is theft, use a case that wouldn't be holding something valuable.

Carrying a guitar is kosher just about anywhere. It would look weird in the supermarket, but so would anything other than a small backpack. I dont think it would raise enough suspicions to worry about

because i live in a building with some snoopy people, i actually made my own mostly just for fun while locked down.
    i can cover a regular case with a beach towel or blanket, but people may even see it in the parking garage or ask in the elevator.

i did look at a few of the commercial offerings (there are several hard and soft) but tbh, they looked like cheap cases with some extra foam and some velcro hold down straps and a $100 price hike.

i might get flamed for this, but since you sincerely asked, here is that i made since i already had a gig bag i wasn't using.
    if you do this with a soft case, get a "gig bag" as they will have extra pockets for other gear, and often have backpack straps.
    obviously you don't need to do all this, and you can just add some vecro hold downs or wrap a towel around it and throw it in there.

so this was the gig bag i had laying around. pretty sure i paid less that 100 bucks. ibanez powered acoustic gig bag.

2qVpc7F.jpg

i have been cutting my own kaizen foam for cases for years, so i also had sheets of it already. it is pretty cheap online.
    it was deep enough for a handgun under the grip (p229 in my case). and taco pouches under the stock.
    shape of the case did not accommodate sun shade on the scope, or the bipod (qd is preferable).

TqzDgxD.jpg

okay, ready for shit about the fin grip, but it has a thumb rest, and i don't wrap my thumb around for hunting or target shooting.
    you can see the taco pouches hold 3 mags for Scar and Sig.

RXJrrvB.jpg

showing how the rifle lays in the case

rRF8NEK.jpg

fits everything that would fit in a normal range bag with pockets or pouches.

gqfM7Va.jpg

lko08pC.jpg

wont work for a long gun but I've seen people with SBRs and smaller rifles use a tennis racket bag. Guitar case should work until someone wants to chat about your it in the elevator lol

IMO, the guitar is a poor choice for two reasons. 1. They're not that common to see. And you run into the above mentioned problem of someone asking questions/wanting to see your guitar. 2. Those who know, know.

The garment bag is brilliant. Until it becomes well known. Still a better option IMO.

A simple duffle bag or small luggage. Especially a roller. 😁

Whatever you use needs to be rigid as not to have all that weight make your duffle bag look like a duffle bag full of wrenches.

Thanks to everyone. I have a couple of old garment bags that I don’t use anymore. Please keep those ideas coming.

For handguns and small pistol caliber carbines i use a laptop case. No one blinks an eye at it. Can be used for AR pistols but you may need to separate upper and lower. For long guns I have used a golf bag with top cover. One of the rolling travel ones.

I have a laptop bag from back when laptops were a little bigger than today and that holds a pistol size AK with a couple of mags. Works pretty decent when over the shoulder.

Have a buddy that’s been using the guitar hard case for a while. He covered it with a bunch of random stickers of bands and even a few anti-gun stickers. Hasn’t had an issue yet. I

Vertx Commuter (blue) shown with Wilson Combat 9mm SBR, Blue Force Gear Jedburgh (grey ghost) shown with KAC .300 BO and LaRue Covert bag (foliage green) shown with Noveske N4 5.56. Vertx seems the most discreet with plenty of space when packed efficiently and doesn't appear you are toting a loaded tuxedo that the bell hop can't assist you with. (never finish a sentence with a preposition).
    DSCN3177 copy.JPG
    IMG_3165 copy.JPG
    IMG_4957 copy.jpg
    IMG_4962 copy.jpg
    IMG_4963 copy.jpg
    IMG_4965 copy.jpg
    Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3958 copy.JPG
    Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3963 copy.JPG
    Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3965 copy.JPG

It still needs work but, Johnny Olson, can you tell the folks at home what Longshot will be packing for his trip across the fruited plain! [Imagine the Price Is Right announcer speaking through your television set]

"It's not just an ordinary garment bag but one that's been repurposed instead of donated to Goodwill. Longshot is carrying a slightly modified SIG MPX pistol with an 8" barrel, suppressor, Timney trigger, folding arm brace, Midwest handguard, Eotech sight, 30-round magazine and a color coordinated sling for dates that he'd like to open carry in the moonlight.

Tucked away in the shoe pockets are ten extra thirty round magazines should unwanted ANTIFA pests try to break in his hotel room or car jack him.

Longshot won't need AAA protection for is continental excursion but also carries 6 magazines in a bandoleer in another large pocket when he has to dine and go! The other large pocket is for shaving kit, tooth brush and underwear.

If you folks have done the math you realize that Longshot is packing 17 magazines or 510 liberty pills in his repurposed traveling ensemble.

That's not all folks. The total weight for this dandy little pistol portmanteau tips the scales at a whopping 32 pounds! Don't let the bellman carry this to your room. Back to you Bob."

IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Krob95