• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Discrete Drag bags

Acp

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2022
NC
Anybody have a drag bag they’ve found that will hold a rifle with 24”-30” barrel and doesn’t scream “tactical” or “gun in here”? Not opposed to retrofitting/repurposing other items but would prefer to save the stitching if there’s a well enough solution commercially available

Thanks

I get what you’re getting at, but the words ‘drag bag’ and ‘discreet’ seem mutually exclusive to me. So I’ll give you credit for a good slow troll and give my vote to the roller bag posted by @6.5SH above. Doesn’t look like a drag bag, thus discreet by being ostentatious but misleading.

Make your own foam blocks and retainers.
ETA: slow poster ahead…uhm, behind.

Reactions: Acp
Travel ski bag with rollers, golf ski bag with rollers.

I get what you’re getting at, but the words ‘drag bag’ and ‘discreet’ seem mutually exclusive to me. So I’ll give you credit for a good slow troll and give my vote to the roller bag posted by @6.5SH above. Doesn’t look like a drag bag, thus discreet by being ostentatious but misleading.

ETA: slow poster ahead…uhm, behind.
Fair enough, perhaps drag bag wasn’t the best description, rather rifle soft case or something along those lines

A 30" barrel isn't gonna fit in much without having a folder... I use an Armageddon Gear M2010 case (I know, not a "drag bag") for my 29.5" long .300NM (that has a folder, mind you) and nothing about it really screams "rifle case" despite it being FDE.

Just get a black one, hang a guitar tag on it.

Alpine Skis bag, choose the brand logo you like... Rossingnol, Marker, etc.

Travel ski bag with rollers, golf ski bag with rollers.

A fairly plain black one with misleading branding may do the trick as well, like this idea

Also wouldn’t have thought of the ski route, could possibly check out wakeboard bags as well, thanks for the concept

Reactions: greybeard0058
A nice Cello case.
1644369023792.jpeg

As was said above
I use a snowboard bag with towels in the situation. Golf bag is good also

Too short for a full sized rifle w/40” barrel. Here’s the drag bag he’s looking for:

For when you are throwing a little fete at the range, with horsey-duvers and a 4-pc. String quartet.

Get a double bass case if cello is too small.

Soft sided travel golf bag with rain cover. No one thinks twice when they see a golf bag unless it is snowing out. Ski bag grabs attention if not winter/snowing. Other options, especially something people do not readily recognize, mey get more attention than a gun bag, especially by thiefs.

Reactions: Acp and st1650
If you're rocking a 30" barrel, you just gotta own it...

Bicycle repair stand travel bag
Like this :look up on Amazon.com

Park Tool Repair Stand Travel & Storage Bag​

48" long

Of course this may attract bicycle thieves

Last edited:
Anybody have a drag bag they’ve found that will hold a rifle with 24”-30” barrel and doesn’t scream “tactical” or “gun in here”? Not opposed to retrofitting/repurposing other items but would prefer to save the stitching if there’s a well enough solution commercially available

Thanks
If you are in northern climes… a snowboard bag works great. Ski bag, too.

Sirhr

Bicycle repair stand travel bag
Like this :look up on Amazon.com

Park Tool Repair Stand Travel & Storage Bag​

48" long

Of course this may attract bicycle thieves
This looks like a solid option, thanks

Too short for a full sized rifle w/40” barrel. Here’s the drag bag he’s looking for:

For when you are throwing a little fete at the range, with horsey-duvers and a 4-pc. String quartet.

Classy! And we need more Classy! at the range.......

1644461446636.jpeg

1644461500694.jpeg

Now we're talking! All set to go to that Sicilian wedding as a musician!!!

An interesting FYI for all the guitar case fanatics. I know of two guitars stolen from baggage and no rifles. Totally non-scientific and objective, but true, nonetheless.

Rolling golf bag covers, the kind that go over golf bags. A newer one made for long drivers will hold 2 26" barreled rifles in soft cases. Wheel it in anywhere without a second glance. I have this from a good source.