• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disruptive overwhite snow camouflage system

dave1894

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
IRAQ
Anyone know where you can purchase this at if possbile? When I get to Alaska I would like to own a set of these.

If not possible does anyone know of a good set of overwhites other than plain white that works well?

Thanks,
Lw

Re: Disruptive overwhite snow camouflage system

Also: German winter overwhites. They have a "pine" splotch pattern. Might work depending on your AO.

Or: Purchase plain overwhites that have the features you want. Then adjust the pattern with light grey,green, or even very light blue spraypaint. Not exactly high-speed looking, but it custom for your AO, and who cares, you're trying NOT to be seen anyway.

Most of the above is available at hunting stores (online or not) and your local army surplus store. Just google: camo overwhites and you should be good to go. Also if you are in the woodline... just wear the overwhite pants if you are upright or moving... you don't get silhouetted as badly.

Re: Disruptive overwhite snow camouflage system

Plain white-only works on lakes or other open areas. Get in the trees and you stand out like a sore thumb. Foliage green is better than white in the woods in the winter here.

What we have found is that the sagebrush type patterns on white work really well for most winter applications, followed by the Cabelas outfitter camo. We got the snow/sagebrush camo from Cabelas, but now I don't see it on their website.

The USMC digital snow pattern looks promising, but it may still be a little too white. Again, different AOs will dictate which camo will work best.