• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dissapator Gas Tube Length???

Todd Heyn

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2002
Easton, PA
I have a Bushmaster Dissapator and I want to switch the factory handguards for a 4 rail free float handguard. My question is what length handguard should I buy? I want the new handguard to cover the gas system but do not necessarily need the extra length of a rifle length handguard if it is not necessary. So what should i get? Carbine, Med length or rifle length?

Re: Dissapator Gas Tube Length???

Bushmaster Dissipator should be rifle length hand guards with a carbine length gas system. (Carbine length gas tube.)

I personally think that a Dissipator would look way weird with anything shorter than the Rifle length hand guards. Midlength should cover the gas tube.

Actually now that I think about it, it might look interesting, like AK sights.

Re: Dissapator Gas Tube Length???

On my dissapator I went with the YHM rifle length 4 rail free float handguard and it does feel front end heavy, if you do not mind the gap between the end of the handquard and the front sight I would go with a shorter handguard since the gas tube on those is carbine length. Good luck!