• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dissasembly of RCBS Uniflow...help?

TannerGun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Colorado!
Alright I feel like I'm doing something wrong because this should be easy... but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

I'm trying to take apart the Uniflow so I can get all that anti-rust schit off of everything, but the bushing holding the measuring screw in the cylinder WILL NOT screw off. The guy in the RCBS video just unscrewed it with his fingers, and mine won't even come off with me torquing on it with a wrench. Yes, I'm spinning it the right way...

Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Re: Dissasembly of RCBS Uniflow...help?

I had the same problem. It doesn't unscrew, its captive by the bolt head. Flip the powder measure upside down and the screw will fall out. It has to go back in the same manner.

No matter which way I screw, unscrew, hold it, or torque it, that damn thing will not pop out. I feel tarded.

There is the threaded bolt, and there's a nut. The nut unscrews completely as the rest drops out. If this is not working, maybe you got one with messed up threads.

That's what I'm thinking. The nut will not come off, even with a major amount of torquing.

it has a lock nut on the stem,with weird lookin washer between them,,the knob with the numbers comes off first,,then the lock nut,then when you get everything off the outside the stem slides out through the top of the powder canister.

you might as well upgrade to the micrometer adjust conversion while you have it apart,,it really is light years ahead of the stock adjustment system

I just took mine apart for cleaning yesterday. Lost the manual. So I had same problem. Unscrew nut, slide curved washer down then unscrew larger black nut screwed into base. It does not come apart from base. Tip whole unit upside down and shake around a bit. Make sure when looking down into plastic tube you can see hole is open, meter should fall out.

Yes I know you must tip it upside down. i figured that the threads were just wonky; I ended up putting it in a vice and having to twist the nut off with a wrench with some pretty heavy torque. It came apart fine, I got it cleaned up and reassembled... and threw some nice inconsistent charges. Looks like weighing charges will be the way I roll...

I use the UniFlow to throw my charges then weigh them. I set it up to be just a little under my target load and use a trickler to finish up. It's hard to get it to throw exact charges every time but it's a heck of a lot easier to throw them a little light then trickle than to dip and pour. YMMV...

One more note, Varget is a PITA to get consistent charges with in my UniFlow but other powders like 8208, RL 17, and RL 22 throw really well. Just mess with it a little. It takes a while to get used to.

John