• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Distance and accuracy problem

madpat

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2017
I have a accuracy problem over 700 yards shots. Ex. I shot on 850 yards and Kestrel gives me a 8.9 MIL on the target holes are higher over the center of target +0,3 MIL. When I set 8.6 MIL and shot I got same problem hole are +0.3 over the center.. and nothing happened - (POI is not move lower). If I shot I use same bipod (genuine Harris SBMR with pod lock) height and rear bag from 100 to 1000 yards I only move rear bag forward and backward.

When I shot I block bipod legs using mat sling, and rifle is moving on the left side all time (100 - 1000 yards)

. Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 13.13.33.png

100-700 yards - accuracy and precision is ok
700+ yards - accuracy problem, precision is ok

Any idea what's wrong?

Could be your scope not tracking, or just using a sub optimal bipod.

Run a tall target test before going too far down the rabbit hole. Make sure your turrets do what they say they are gonna do, then worry about what's happening downrange and tweaking DSF. If they are off, you can input that into your Kestrel and it will then provide accurate data. Assuming the turrets are repeatable.

And like @308pirate said, I'd lose that strap. I feel like the term bipod "loading" is misleading. Start with just enough pressure to ensure the buttpad doesn't fall off your shoulder/collar bone/etc. I try to prevent the rifle from getting a running start into my shoulder. No more.

I was using strap also. Did nitnhad any problems but my bipod loading was way to big. Problems were when i had to switch positions and then zero was not stable without strap