• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Distance Shooting

RBrady308

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2009
TX or Alaska or somewhere between
I'm in the middle of ammo research, but i am also looking for Literature on long distance shooting, subjets: spin drift, wind, elevation, humidity, calculations, ect. i don't really have the time for shooting schools yet so i am looking for a textbook form

Re: Distance Shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBrady308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the middle of ammo research, but i am also looking for Literature on long distance shooting, subjets: spin drift, wind, elevation, humidity, calculations, ect. i don't really have the time for shooting schools yet so i am looking for a textbook form </div></div>

You must have some means to determine distance and you must have some means to read the wind.

Elevation is a big contributor to the ballistics formulae
Temperature is a contributor
Humidity is a nickle and dime contributor
Spin drift is negligible inside 800 yards*

(*) unless you are shooting way less than 1.0 MoA

You might get some parctice in with the demo at:

http://www.shooterready.com/

Re: Distance Shooting

A) Shoot...
B) Shoot some more...
C) ...and then some...

D) Read <span style="font-style: italic">The Ultimate in Rifle Accuracy</span> by Glenn Newick. It's a little old, and it's kinda brief, but the bright kernel of about everything you need to know is in there.

E) Keep on shooting.