• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Distinguished Expert

good old lee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
ct
Well a long awaited day has finally come....I just shot mu last target for my NRA .22lr 50ft 4 position distinguished expert, im sending all the paper work to them next week, my picture and listing will be in the I think May or June in NRA incites

Re: Distinguished Expert

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well a long awaited day has finally come....I just shot mu last target for my NRA .22lr 50ft 4 position distinguished expert, im sending all the paper work to them next week, my picture and listing will be in the I think May or June in NRA incites </div></div>

Congratulations and a cigar from Switch for Lee.

Thank you guys! Now i just need to sell my marlin and upgrade to a anschutz!

Congratulations!!! Holy cats, with a Marlin no less.
laugh.gif

To top it all off I wasn't even using good ammo, I was using wolf match target!!!!! With a plinking marlin!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To top it all off I wasn't even using good ammo, I was using wolf match target!!!!! With a plinking marlin!!! </div></div>

So whats good ammo for a 22LR then?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To top it all off I wasn't even using good ammo, I was using wolf match target!!!!! With a plinking marlin!!! </div></div>

So whats good ammo for a 22LR then? </div></div>
I used to use RWS target that I weighed but I ran out of that so I had to use whut my club had, witch was the wolf
not saying wolf is that bad but its not the best

Eley is some good stuff. You can spend over $100 a brick for the higher grade rimfire ammo. Have a friend who had a case of Eley. He ended up giving me 8 bricks of it when he saw me shoot some really small groups with it out of my Remington 40X and Winchester 52D rifes (CMP guns). It was worth too much for me to accept as a gift, so I sold it and gave him the money back....got $100 a brick for it.

If the target meets Distinguished Expert standards, it's good ammo. Same-same for the rifle.

I'd take a wild guess and say that your Marlin would make a good trainer.

Maybe there's some truth to the old idea that it's more about the Indian than about the arrow.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the target meets Distinguished Expert standards, it's good ammo. Same-same for the rifle.

I'd take a wild guess and say that your Marlin would make a good trainer.

Maybe there's some truth to the old idea that it's more about the Indian than about the arrow.

Greg </div></div>

This is true but it helps to have top of the line stuff, especially ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most importantly...Did You have fun? </div></div>
Yes I did, I was giddy for the whole day after that

And yes we all know mexi-match is the best .22lr ammo, it evan beets lapua center x (sarcasm)