• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Disturbing Photo

DuneBoer

Apocalypse Now!
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    State of Jefferson
    I found this photo in the inter webs recently (I don't want to say where) If anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate any information. I want the know if the Captain survived. Pretty disturbing. Looks real to me Sorry if this bothers anyone here.

Mod Edit - Explanation found here

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 6.07.21 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
    It Photoshop or he is dead . I see no Tourniquets, and a hardcore chain-Smoker can calmly manage to keep that Cigarette going through about anything .

Reactions: Peloton
    It's fake as can be. The person who doctored that photo is sick as well. There are enough of our people getting killed or maimed without this stuff being produced.

I won't post it here because I don't want to cause anymore grief for the Marine in the meme that I saw.

The Marine was in his dress uniform and his entire face and head were disfigured beyond recognition by burns.

The sick bastard wrote on the meme "I'd like to wear sunglasses but I don't have any ears."

The sick son-of-a-bitch that wrote that ought to have his face lit up with some napalm and see how it feels.

My apologies in advance if what I have relayed here has offended anyone or upset them but we ought to do something about these sick bastards that make light of someone else's suffering.

Seeing the meme is even more upsetting, which is why I didn't want to show it.

Last edited:
    The photo is undoctored, but the assumed story is fake.
    It's from a training exercise.

"An amputee in full makeup before role-playing a casualty during a run of the Medical Trauma Lane. He role-plays having his legs blown off in a Humvee explosion four times a day. "

"An amputee in full makeup before role-playing a casualty during a run of the Medical Trauma Lane. He role-plays having his legs blown off in a Humvee explosion four times a day. "

That is what I get for assuming. I take back what I said in the previous post about that photo.

On the other hand I don’t make any apologies for my comments about the creep that made fun of the disfigured Marine.

I was thinking some sort of training/mockup scenario.

Wasnt expecting it was an actual banged up vet role player.

Man some people just cant/wont stop giving of themselves.

We should be thankful for them.

Tough psychological bastards....how would you like to relive your own personal trauma four times a day?

Reactions: Alabusa

This^

We do it all the time. Generally the training unit comes up on an IED detonation or similar with casualties that are real amputees and have fake appendages. The look on most private’s faces is priceless when they go to render aid and have the limb fall off in their hands. It’s really good train.

You can also tell instantly by the chairs and the buildings it’s not really down range if you’ve ever been there.

I was thinking some sort of training/mockup scenario.

Wasnt expecting it was an actual banged up vet role player.

Man some people just cant/wont stop giving of themselves.

We should be thankful for them.

Tough psychological bastards....how would you like to relive your own personal trauma four times a day?

Many of them are not vets, maybe 50% are?

Reactions: pmclaine
    And final note.

No body armor, weapon, IFAK, magazines, eyepro...

I don't think anyone going through such agony of pain will be sitting steal and calm to take a Pictures.

I found this photo in the inter webs recently (I don't want to say where) If anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate any information. I want the know if the Captain survived. Pretty disturbing. Looks real to me Sorry if this bothers anyone here.

Mod Edit - Explanation found here

View attachment 7127081
    A mock-Iraqi village serves as a U.S. Army training facility in the Mojave DesertThe

Did you read the story you posted about a MOCK training camp