• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY DBM intletting... need some help

JudasMac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
Just got a 700p take off stock for a shorty build and have some Atlasworks bottom metal I'd like to inlet it for. I started and am pretty sure I'm close to screwing this stock up and could use some advice. When inletting, does it matter how much you take off the sides or just the depth? and when taking aluminum off the sides of the bedding block, how thick-walled are the sides? Can I take too much material off that it will compromise the structural integrity of the stock? Any experience would be great here, thanks.

Re: DIY DBM intletting... need some help

I inletted the atlasworks into a plastic SPS stock - by the time it was done the stock was very easy to flex so I epoxied the DBM into the stock - made it into a nice stout unit - considerably better than the original

so that is an option if you feel you have compromised the strength of the stock

Re: DIY DBM intletting... need some help

I appreciate it George but that Hogue isn't something I want to stick with. I just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with stockdoc and help gave me some great pointers. Great guy to work with.