• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY Level/Picatinny Rail 2 Arca Swiss Base

Convex

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2021
Reddondo Beach CA,90278
This has worked out 4 me. I've had it for awhile, and it makes things so much each easier for me.

The 3/4" high-nearly 8" long picatinny rail from Evolution Gun Works was mated (via contact cement) to a Hejnar 8" base (fits an Arca Swiss clamp) w/an Aimpoint H-2 and an Eotech G33 behind it. The EGW rail w/a discount, and the Hejnar Arca Swiss rail together was a little under $100.00 including tax/shipping.

They do make things easier when I want to make adjustments when the optic is on the rail and in my Acratech head on the tripod.

Washed and waxed my car at the park this weekend, got this thing out which is good for adjusting the tension on their clamps so there's no fumbling around w/the optic when U slap it on the rifle and relaxed while I did it since nobody paid me any attention.

I'm going to make another one along w/buying a couple of this gentleman's version of what I got, which is actually cheaper to buy than my DIY version and mount all my optics on the four of them so I can just reach for them out of my gun chest/safe. I'll spend a few bucks going up to 4 of these but the return is that it makes things a lot easier for me handling several of my optics.

DLevel4W.jpg

Last edited: