• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY vertical grip

Pickle Rick

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2018
Has anyone done anything like this before? Does anyone make a conversion piece similar? I have a B&C stock that’s bedded I just don’t like the grip angle too much.

T5SsAC1.png

I have been thinking about doing something similar. Probably cut up and old AR grip or spend some time with a chunk of wood and a burr bit.

I have done it with wood and epoxy . It worked out great ,just a little ugly .

I have been thinking about doing something similar. Probably cut up and old AR grip or spend some time with a chunk of wood and a burr bit.
I was thinking maybe try to build a mold and pour in a bunch of epoxy or something. Let me know if you have any luck.

Somewhere I saw an article where a guy used a polymer clay that can be hardened by baking, and then attached to the stock. He put a layer of aluminum foil on the stock, put a layer of the clay on, then gripped the rifle in shooting position. After trmmming and carefully removing it, baked it and then attached to the stock. If I can find the article, I'll post it. Hopefully I bookmarked it

There are several epoxy putty products that I am aware of but am unable to recall the actual name of any of them. I do recall that their PSI ratings are fairly low for being epoxies. I don't think that would be much of an issue in this application. However, I do think that I'd add a very thin layer of fiberglass or CF tape over the added piece to make sure there was good "adhesion" instead of relying that cold joint.

I did one and it turned out pretty well.

Used clay like mentioned above and molded it the way I wanted. Baked it hard, drilled holes and screwed it into the stock.

Then used a marine type fiberglass resin to cover the whole grip area. Once dry I sanded it smooth so you couldn’t see the transition to the original stock. Then added a very thin layer to the grip area and created a grip texture. (Added a grip texture to the forearm too so that it matched plus it helped hide any imperfections in my work).

Painted the whole thing afterward and it looked pretty good. Shot it for years with no issues.

Last edited: