• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DIY wheel for 21st century Concentricity Gauge

viva la figa

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2017
One of the members here has very kindly and graciously given me a 21st concentricity gauge like this one. I want to spend what little money I have on the dial indicator as I believe that will net the best results. I would love to have the wheel for this system but at $65 plus $15 shipping.....$80 for a wheel is a bit too much for my pocketbook right now.

What methods do you guys use to roll the brass without introducing errors?

1574233228285.png

I would use a small ruler or popsicle stick with a rubber band around it (lengthwise).
The rubber band provides a little more friction/grip to help spin the cartridge case.
Experiment with different techniques pushing the ruler vs pulling the ruler until you find a method that will give you consistent results.
Document your method so you can duplicate it two years from now.

Have fun,
Ross

Thanks Ross...I did read that was a possible method. I am glad to hear others suggest it. I might try to rig up some sort of mounting device that lets me get consistent pressure on the cartridge