• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Django Unchained

JWV

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Mich State Univ, East Lansing
I went and checked out this movie today. It was excellent. If you are a Quintin Tarantino fan then you will enjoy Django Unchained. Lots of humor and gore to the likes of Tarantino. Be ready to here the N-bomb dropped a couple hundred...thousand times as well.

Re: Django Unchained

Jaime Foxx mentioned he had a great time and got to kill a lot of white people in a Django Unchained promotional interview and then a week later he did a segment for that big hollywood gun control project where all the gun grabbers said a few words of their propaganda message / attack on the bill of rights.

Hypocritical Hollywood Actors Promote Violence and Champion Gun Bans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jamie Foxx was in Collateral with Tom Cruise and his new film set to release in a few days is Django Unchained in which he kills a bunch of white people. He was also in The Player's Club and Law Abiding Citizen.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jaime Foxx mentioned he had a great time and got to kill a lot of white people in a Django Unchained promotional interview and then a week later he did a segment for that big hollywood gun control project where all the gun grabbers said a few words of their propaganda message / attack on the bill of rights.

Hypocritical Hollywood Actors Promote Violence and Champion Gun Bans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jamie Foxx was in Collateral with Tom Cruise and his new film set to release in a few days is Django Unchained in which he kills a bunch of white people. He was also in The Player's Club and Law Abiding Citizen.</div></div> </div></div>

This was a great read, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I'm torn... I really like Tarantino and I think this movie looks good, but Jamie Foxx has been saying some seriously ignorant shit...

I saw it tonight for the sake of entertainment (looking past any political involvement from the actors) and being just plain bored at home. It was pretty good and had some good gun action in it. Makes me wanna buy a 6 shooter and a lever action.

I will never watch another Jamie Foxx movie...aside from his blatant anti-white mentality and politics, his calling President Obama "our Lord and Savior, our God" on a national talk show was just too much.

This is a classic Quentin Tarantino film. Blood, violence and shock all mixed together. Very entertaining, but not for kids or the faint of heart.

The movie had a few good laughs here and there but it was hard to keep my composure on some scenes without offending the black folks in the theater (which was the main audience in the theater I attended). I mean, hell it's a movie and slavery happened.
FYI, I'm not white or black.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ballistic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw it, I liked it... but it is not in same league as Pulp </div></div>

Agreed, on all three counts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F*&K Jamie Foxx and every thing he does. He's not getting a cent from me. </div></div>

Yep. Typical Hollywood hypocrite about guns. He also hosted SNL recently bragging about all the white folks he gets to kill in this movie and included more presidential worship in his televised rant.

That pretty much put the nail in SNL's coffin for me. NBC can entirely take a flying one at a rolling donut as far as I'm concerned. I KNEW it would only be a matter of time once they changed the name at Versus when all firearms/hunting shows would be gone.

So its okay for the "N-bomb" to be used in the movie several hundred times or whatever the OP said but the fact that Foxx said he got to kill white people is offensive to some?

Kinda hypocritical no?

As for me, I think Hollywood is full of self absorbed douchebags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That pretty much put the nail in SNL's coffin for me. </div></div>

Dude... SNL should have been dead to you 20 years ago, the show and station have been our enemy for decades.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So its okay for the "N-bomb" to be used in the movie several hundred times or whatever the OP said but the fact that Foxx said he got to kill white people is offensive to some?

Kinda hypocritical no?

As for me, I think Hollywood is full of self absorbed douchebags.</div></div>

Not hypocritical at all. What's hypocritical is that Jamie Foxx can say things like that, but Don Imus gets blasted for his "nappy headed hoes" comment. It's not what was said, it's that the censorship doesn't hit him because he's not a white old man.

I agree with Hollywood being a bunch of retards.</div></div>

I don't see it as hypocritical because in the movie, characters are using speech considered appropriate for the time period. Jamie Foxx, as himself, is talking about how much fun it was to kill white people during interviews on TV. Time-period appropriate speech by characters vs racial vitriol from an actor speaking as himself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So its okay for the "N-bomb" to be used in the movie several hundred times or whatever the OP said but the fact that Foxx said he got to kill white people is offensive to some?

Kinda hypocritical no?

No, it's not OK to use the "N" word any time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So its okay for the "N-bomb" to be used in the movie several hundred times or whatever the OP said but the fact that Foxx said he got to kill white people is offensive to some?

Kinda hypocritical no?

No, it's not OK to use the "N" word any time. </div></div>

If that's the case, I would hope people like Jaimie Foxx would act appropriately and refuse to be involved.

I would not expect people to be concerned with an issue that didn't bother the members of the concerned group who participated in the movie's production.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dude... SNL should have been dead to you 20 years ago, the show and station have been our enemy for decades. </div></div>

I see YOUR boycott has done a lot of damage. Ever seen ANY more or less live Olympic shooting coverage aired until this summer? If you're going to act this condescending, you may as well say that about EVERY network going all the way back to CBS and the "Guns of Autumn".

Damn Jamie Foxx is anti gun I guess I'll boycott his movies now. It's been awhile since I've boycotted an actor. Last person was Tom cruise for being a wacko.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dude... SNL should have been dead to you 20 years ago, the show and station have been our enemy for decades. </div></div>

I see YOUR boycott has done a lot of damage. </div></div>

Whoa there short fuse.

You said yourself that, "That pretty much put the nail in SNL's coffin for me" and then you get on my case for having seeing how the wind blows many moons prior..? Seriously?

fng indeed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might be the movie of the year, but I wont see it. Jamie Fox is clearly a racist retard.</div></div>
This movie would have been awesome if Denzel Washington would have replaced Fox's sorry a$$.

I did see it tonight and I did enjoy it very much. I think every did a great job and it was a good mix of action/comedy/ and gore.

That said, I was woefully unaware of the political standpoint of the actor. Which if I had, I would not have gone to see it. I know that loosing my 6 dollar ticket is not going to impact their lives. However, it is not about sticking it to them, so much as it is sticking to my beliefs.

Unfortunately for me, I am so far removed from the life of hollywood, and the viewpoints of its actors, that I rarely know in advance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F*&K Jamie Foxx and every thing he does. He's not getting a cent from me. </div></div>

ditto fuck that retard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This movie would have been awesome if Denzel Washington would have replaced Fox's sorry a$$. </div></div>

Denzel wouldn't do it b/c hes not in a race against time... a la Man on Fire, John Q, Unstoppable, Deja Vu, Out of Time lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So its okay for the "N-bomb" to be used in the movie several hundred times or whatever the OP said but the fact that Foxx said he got to kill white people is offensive to some?

Kinda hypocritical no?

No, it's not OK to use the "N" word any time. </div></div>

I have to disagree with this. If the intent of the director of a movie is to highlight the atrocities & attitudes towards black people during this period in time in America, then you don't change your artistic creation to please political correctness.

If the word "nigger" was used during this time period to refer to people of color, then it's appropriate. Now, if this word was never used during this time period & the director just put it in there because it's offensive today.....then it'd be wrong.

Man, you guys get so bent over movies and actors

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, you guys get so bent over movies and actors </div></div>

Do you want to give money to people who hate you?

I liked it. It was fairly entertaining, however, a complete bastardization of how African slaves were treated in the South.

I agree with this guy. ^ My biggest complaint about the movie was how it demonized the South. Otherwise... it was entertaining.