• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DMR Optic Conundrum

drew hopkinth

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2020
Hi y'all,

Searched around a bit and I couldn't find any thread answering what optic between these two I should get. I'm looking at the March 1-10x24 Shorty with the TR1 reticle or the March 1-8x24 with the FMC-3 reticle. This would be going on a 12.5" 6ARC and later a 18" 308 DMR that will both be used as ranch rifles, as well as for the occasional gas gun PRS matches. I'd like to be able to stretch out to 800 with this, but most of the time I'll be shooting within 600 or so. I won't be running an offset or piggybacked red dot, so I'd like the 1x setting to be easy to get behind and use.

Any suggestions between these two? Adjustable parallax is a must for me, which is why it is narrowed down to these two options. The 1-8 is a bit more appealing because I can use my current mount (Reptilia Aus 1.5) rather than find either a solid 30mm ring mount or pay ~500 for the March mount that is never in stock, but the 1-10 has a better precision reticle IMO and a bit more magnification.

Hi y'all,

Searched around a bit and I couldn't find any thread answering what optic between these two I should get. I'm looking at the March 1-10x24 Shorty with the TR1 reticle or the March 1-8x24 with the FMC-3 reticle. This would be going on a 12.5" 6ARC and later a 18" 308 DMR that will both be used as ranch rifles, as well as for the occasional gas gun PRS matches. I'd like to be able to stretch out to 800 with this, but most of the time I'll be shooting within 600 or so. I won't be running an offset or piggybacked red dot, so I'd like the 1x setting to be easy to get behind and use.

Any suggestions between these two? Adjustable parallax is a must for me, which is why it is narrowed down to these two options. The 1-8 is a bit more appealing because I can use my current mount (Reptilia Aus 1.5) rather than find either a solid 30mm ring mount or pay ~500 for the March mount that is never in stock, but the 1-10 has a better precision reticle IMO and a bit more magnification.

Have you looked at vortex ? I use one of their LVPO 1-8x with a illumination. I absolutely love it. I got it with a LEO discount, out the door about 450ish. I use it on a 5.56 dmr.

I use a DIAMONDBACK® TACTICAL 6-24x50 RIFLESCOPES FFP EBR-2C - MRAD on 6.5 grendel DMR I made and it's absolutely ties.

Just from experience vortex is a fantastically brand that is considerably more cost effective.

Hi y'all,

Also are you going to suppress the 6arc? Personally I wouldn't do an LVPO on a anything below a 16 Inch barrel. Mostly because distance is an issue. Velocity drops are pretty substantial between a 12.5 and 16 or 18 inch barrel. If you suppress it obviously you add a couple of inches which then would help.

Have you looked at vortex ? I use one of their LVPO 1-8x with a illumination. I absolutely love it. I got it with a LEO discount, out the door about 450ish. I use it on a 5.56 dmr.

I use a DIAMONDBACK® TACTICAL 6-24x50 RIFLESCOPES FFP EBR-2C - MRAD on 6.5 grendel DMR I made and it's absolutely ties.

Just from experience vortex is a fantastically brand that is considerably more cost effective.
Which one? Currently looking at the SE 1-8.

Which one? Currently looking at the SE 1-8.
Razor line is really good I have an old 1-6. For the money the strike eagle 1-8 is phenomenal. Clarity is beautiful, target acquisition is super easy and it has adjustable brightness for the reticle.

Some people get snooty with brand names and I've seen posts here with people talking down about vortex because they use some 2 or 3k sight. But as many know. Gucci kits dont mean you're more deadly or even as accurate.

But I honestly think vortex is a top brand in 2022 for what you get and what you pay. Not to mention they are super pro military and law enforcement. Give out killer discounts.

May not answer all your questions but I posted this a while back -

If 1x is your primary goal the Vortex really has an edge with the bright red dot. The March excels if your main focus will be longer range.

May not answer all your questions but I posted this a while back -

If 1x is your primary goal the Vortex really has an edge with the bright red dot. The March excels if your main focus will be longer range.
Loved your write up! Was torn between the Razor G3 and March. Hated the March's odd tube size and won a Euro 30% off cert so I went G3.

Reactions: HollywoodActual