• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DMR/Precision Gas Gun comps in 2020?

epaultmbt

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
N.C.
Does anyone know of any gas gun match in 2020? Let's get a thread going either here or in the comp announcement section.

Reactions: JFComfort
The gas guns will be a division in PRS similar to production and tactical.

There are some one day matches in PA if you’re close to there.

Gas Gun is a division in the Precision Rifle Series this year. It's the exact same match with the exact same rules. 1 Division, any caliber under 30 and 3200 fps.

And it's a blast ;) ;) ;)

I think you can run a gas gun in NRL too, can't you? Last time I looked they don't care if you've got a bolt gun or a gas gun.

Thanks for the reply's. I'm hoping for some gas gun matches. I already shoot PRS and I'm shooting those matches with a bolt gun.

If anyone finds out about a match or decides to run one please share.

Geissele runs their Gas Gun Series in PA, there are about 5 matches each year. The first match was just 2 weeks ago.

Quantified Performance (run by Ash Hess and Jack Leuba of KAC) does 2-3 matches annually down in the FL/GA area.

They did give a trophy to Cory for best gas gun also.
B62367D0-5C20-46C5-BBAC-29D3B96B9B12.jpeg

Awesome thanks guys. I'm gonna put the Geissele match in the match announcement section, in a gas gun tread. The thread geissele started has been buried. That G match is 8hrs for me and that's a stretch for a 1 day local match.

Keep them coming.

The Quantified Performance link isn't a match announcement, so if anyone sees a registration page for them please share.

The Quantified Performance link isn't a match announcement, so if anyone sees a registration page for them please share.

Sorry I should’ve posted more details... They just had their first match of the year this past weekend at Arena in Blakely, GA. You can become a member of their group, either $12/year or $1/month on Patreon and get access to all their stuff. You could probably also message Ash via any social media for more info. Not sure when the next match is. They also offer support if you want to host one of their matches.

Reactions: epaultmbt
Next Quantified Performance match is Sept. 19-20. Registration is not open yet, but should be soon.

If you're in the SW part of the country, there will be three gas gun matches in Las Vegas, hosted by Sin City Precision. They will be on the 3rd Saturday of April, August, and December.

There is also a monthly gas gun match in Phoenix, I think on the last saturday of the month.

I am planning on building a DMR for the Geissele gas gun challenges as I live in the area. I'm super excited to get into some competition shooting.

I am planning on building a DMR for the Geissele gas gun challenges as I live in the area. I'm super excited to get into some competition shooting.
i did one geissele series match up there (new holland) last year, twas fun. it's a good three hours each way for me though from around leesburg, va so i won't be making too many of these. peacemaker (pntc) normally has done at least one of these annually but i don't see it on their schedule this year unfortunately.

i did one geissele series match up there (new holland) last year, twas fun. it's a good three hours each way for me though from around leesburg, va so i won't be making too many of these. peacemaker (pntc) normally has done at least one of these annually but i don't see it on their schedule this year unfortunately.

It's only about an hour from me, I live just outside of Philly.

I think you can run a gas gun in NRL too, can't you? Last time I looked they don't care if you've got a bolt gun or a gas gun.
I was just reading the rules for the NRL Border Wars and it said Gas Guns are allowed, it didn't say they'd be a different division so I think you go up against the bolt guns, but at least they are allowed. Here in Colorado I've seen some gas gun matches listed at Ft. Carson from time to time.