• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DMR SPR Optic

RonBurgundyy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2022
Cincinnati
I am currently in the process of building a DMR/SPR rifle chambered in 6mm Arc. Current set up pictured below..
I am uncertain of what optic to go with. I am looking at either the ACTAR 4-16x42 Tremor 3 reticle and the Kahles 3-18x50 SKMR3 reticle with a SPUHR/ Badger condition one mount. I have ruled out the Leupold 3.6-18 because most people have told me it is not on the level of ACTAR and does not track as well.. I have read that Kahles are a bit more fragile and have a narrower FOV which concerns me, as this is the optics I am leaning towards. Obviously, ACTAR has the resume but it doesn't have the magnification of Kahles or Leupold. THoughts?

Specs
Geissele super duty upper/lower
Mk18 Arca handguard
JP VMOS bcg
JP silent cap spring
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Proof 18" carbon barrel with surefire socom break
IMG_4962.jpg

Reactions: Buck Lawman
With 4-16's and 3-18's in consideration, we're beyond sort of optics that most would consider canonically DMR (ACOG) or SPR (3.5-10 Leupold was the original), and just into a regular LR scope.

I haven't had any mechanical problems with the Leupold Mark5HD, but the optics are not as clear as the better scopes.

Anyway, two others I'd consider would be the ZCO 4-20 and the S&B 3-12.

If you have ZCO 420 or Schmidt 3-12 (though there are some sweet sales on these from euro right now) money you’re near the Tangent 315M area of spend and should just do that.

Don’t see the big deal unless you’re running clip-ons.

I am leaning towards the 3k range on optic. I have a small discount for a Kahles. ZCO and Tangent Theta are getting close to the 4k.

I am currently in the process of building a DMR/SPR rifle chambered in 6mm Arc. Current set up pictured below..
I am uncertain of what optic to go with. I am looking at either the ACTAR 4-16x42 Tremor 3 reticle and the Kahles 3-18x50 SKMR3 reticle with a SPUHR/ Badger condition one mount. I have ruled out the Leupold 3.6-18 because most people have told me it is not on the level of ACTAR and does not track as well.. I have read that Kahles are a bit more fragile and have a narrower FOV which concerns me, as this is the optics I am leaning towards. Obviously, ACTAR has the resume but it doesn't have the magnification of Kahles or Leupold. THoughts?

Specs
Geissele super duty upper/lower
Mk18 Arca handguard
JP VMOS bcg
JP silent cap spring
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Proof 18" carbon barrel with surefire socom break

I think your snippets about the Kahles, ATACR and Leupold are spot on. Take a look at the reticles. the SKMR3 is a love it or hate it reticle. Same with T3. If you have not been trained with Tremor, you might opt for Nightforce Mil-XT which is similar, but not quite so technical. Big difference is Tremor works better for a moving target.