• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DMR3 vs MARK 5HD 3.6-18X44

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
For a field bolt gun in 6.5 Creed. Hog and steel off an ATV . 700y max. Non illuminated.
The DMR3 3.5-21×50 (EQL) vs MARK 5HD 3.6-18X44 (T3). Both are within similar pricing (sales even things a bit). So just based on performance and reliability, which is the one you'd go with ?

I appreciate all responses
Thanks.
~ TP

Last edited:
Had both.

Still have the Bushnell.

My experience was opposite of nutation on glass.
All day and twice on Sunday.

Weight wasnt a consideration for a rifle getting this scope.

Leupold doesnt suck.
Just not the winner here.
Yep, me too. Had 2 Mark5HD's 3.6-18. Compared directly multiple days, various conditions.............Bushnell all day everyday. Not even close really.
Bushnell really did something with the DMR3, I have 4 of them. I like it better than the XRS3........by a good margin in fact.

Yep, me too. Had 2 Mark5HD's 3.6-18. Compared directly multiple days, various conditions.............Bushnell all day everyday. Not even close really.
Bushnell really did something with the DMR3, I have 4 of them. I like it better than the XRS3........by a good margin in fact.
Glad to hear. Looks like they really took the platform to another level.

Yeah I think the mk5 shorty was one of the worse scopes I’ve seen for the money optically. Tbh there’s a reason you see one pop up everyday on the post exchange. It’s doesn’t belong in the 2k territory imo. It’s light and most track well. About all I can say. The finish scratches easily and mares. Eye box tight and the overall image is very small. Lots of ca and distortion. if you hold the scope still and move the parallax reticle actually shifts. Bushnell all day. Not even close.