• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do acogs have parallax?

Peahi2

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2020
Trijicon doesn't state a fixed parallax in their specs as far as I've seen. Or does parallax error not exist in an Acog? I'm sure it has to exist to some degree. I used an ACOG in my first Appleseed class bc I had nothing else suitable and I did 'ok' but not well enough to hit rifleman score, but that was due to me, not the equipment. I'm interested in doing another future Appleseed (rimfire, 25 yards), and might put the acog back on. I have gotten my rifleman patch already during one of their 200 yard events. I in interested doing more appleseeds stay sharp.

I've always liked ACOGS, but not the damn price. Trijicon refuses to budge on their prices... I understand you are paying for the construction (and reputation/brand)...but hey guys, the world has moved on. I'm not paying top dollar for Betamaxes and Laserdisc players.

It's a fixed parallax setting. I don't know what it is, but at 25yd you'll have parallax error that you won't be able to adjust away.

Under 6x most of the time for 50+yd shooting parallax is such a small issue it's next to negligible, and the lower the magnification the better. There is a limit, however. I remember seeing it on my issued TA31 back in the day at 25yd (doing the field expedient zero thing).

Reactions: shoobe01
Thanks! Yeah, its a TA33, so 3x. Good point, the lower the magnification the better plus it will be at close range.