• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Do I need LOW rings for a Vortex PST 6-24x50 on a Savage bolt gun?

Nutro

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
Austin, Texas
Savage Model 10 TR with EGW 20MOA scope base. I thought I read somewhere that I need LOW rings? I don't have the rifle yet and want to buy some rings now.

Thanks guys

I have a savage model 16 with an aftermarket varmint contour shilen barrel installed. With a 20 moa egw rail and a sightron siii 8-32x56 I was able to use low tps rings. There was enough space for the sightron objective cover to clear. I run low or extra low rings on all of my rigs with rails.

The egw base that comes with it is a 0 moa base. I've got the part number for mine and the height of the rail. I ordered a 4x16x50 PST for mine and I'm in the same boat low or medium rings. Glad to see you found one

The egw base that comes with it is a 0 moa base. I've got the part number for mine and the height of the rail. I ordered a 4x16x50 PST for mine and I'm in the same boat low or medium rings. Glad to see you found one

Thanks, dude! Yeah I finally found one. I was getting a little paranoid for a minute there. It was actually a place up in PA that had it (I've got tons of family in Pittsburgh so I turned on my southern charm haha) but yeah I don't know WHAT height to get.