• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Do not put AICS mags

Re: Do not put AICS mags

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In your carry-on baggage.

</div></div>

Now, for my next trick, TSA, watch me pull a long distance ballistic interdiction tool out of my ass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In your carry-on baggage.

</div></div>
So I take it your survived the anal probing you recieved?

A friend had several AR mags seized by TSA at the El Paso airport a couple of months ago.

Recently flying back from a carbine class, I almost missed my flight because of two 9mm rounds that I missed buried in the pockets of one of the pairs of pants in my backpack (I was even paranoid about that happening and had patted down my laundry pretty closely before stuffing it in there -- I guess not paranoid enough).

What made it worse is that when the airport cop called in to do a background check on me, the guy on the other end transposed my first and last name (my last name sounds like a first name), so I didn't come up at first... this as I was watching my flight board.

At least the cop was cool, asked where I had taken the class at, and was telling me about a firearms class he had recently done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would that not fall into the category of 'firearm part'?
</div></div>

I wouldn't consider a mag part of a firearm but it's no doubt purposely vague so as to allow for a wide interpretation by the TSA thugs. Just like the 2nd and seen in the above case, we have been fooled into believing our reserved rights are instead reserved by the government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So I take it your survived the anal probing you recieved? </div></div>

Survived? Why do you think he did it in the first place?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would that not fall into the category of 'firearm part'?
</div></div>

Wouldn't this too?
435834.jpg

</div></div>

No shit huh? LOL That's what happens when you actually leave TX for a match
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In your carry-on baggage.

</div></div>

No shit huh? LOL That's what happens when you actually leave TX for a match
wink.gif
</div></div>

I've been saying that shit all day.

i take sks stripper clips all the time, when asked, i tell 'em they are barrettes for my hair

As I was emptying my pockets into the tray at Burbank airport going home I unloaded my cell phone, wallet, MP3 player, Barrett .416 brass a 395gr brass VLD and a Timney tactical trigger. Walked through the metal detector and put my stuff back in my pockets... I thought for sure I was going to be stopped but no one said a word...

Also I was wearing this shirt!

pof308rifleT1.jpg

Earlier that day I was questioned at sixflags magic mountain about the 416 brass LOL!

Cant make up shit like that!

A funny story though, I flew to Cancun last year and then home with my pack I use to shoot and as my carry on as I usually do. Then took it to a match in PA where when I was unloading the pack I found a loaded .223 round. Looks like I carried it in my carry on to Cancun through security both ways LOL

Did they let you mail it or did they confiscate it? A Leatherman multi-tool (long forgotten about) in my laptop case made it through MSY security, but was snagged by TSA in Nashville on the return trip. They let me go out & ship it home via a parcel service in the terminal.

My wife borrowed one of my bags for a carryon one time. She didn't notice my Benchmade Presidio auto in the pocket. They let her ship it after a 15 min ordeal.

They just made me check my carry on with mags in it after they cancelled the DEFCON 5 sirens.

Yet another reason I completely dump everything from my bag and search it before flying out, and that bag is never used for anything other than air travel in the first place. You should hear some of the horror stories of guys getting caught with an errant 9mm round in Dubai...

Flew up to Providence a few weeks ago. A couple of 38 rounds had slid up under the bottom that didn't fall out when I took the bag and shook it upside down before packing it. Well, they found them coming back to Charlotte. The locals were called, background ran, they took the ammo, and all is well. Not so fast, "there may be a TSA fine coming your way", said a TSA agent. I replied, " is it more or less than the fine going Charlotte TSA's way for allowing me on a plane with the rounds this morning?" Haven't heard back from them yet.

Providence is the airport I usually fly out of and they are usually pretty good. You probably won't hear anything from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's assinine. TSA regs are bullshit </div></div>

Security theater.

A 10" fixed blade forgotten in the bladder pocket of a BH cyclone pack will NOT go unnoticed By the San Antonio TSA. Got to meet a lot of guys you normally dont see on that one. Ended up asking the agent to give it to the next uniformed service member offloading, as he would not take cash and mail it to me and there was not time for anything else. I hope he didn't keep it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunanut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flew up to Providence a few weeks ago. A couple of 38 rounds had slid up under the bottom that didn't fall out when I took the bag and shook it upside down before packing it. Well, they found them coming back to Charlotte. The locals were called, background ran, they took the ammo, and all is well. Not so fast, "there may be a TSA fine coming your way", said a TSA agent. I replied, " is it more or less than the fine going Charlotte TSA's way for allowing me on a plane with the rounds this morning?" Haven't heard back from them yet.</div></div>

wait the tsa needs money ....trust me on this, let us know when the form letter hits your mailbox......you are already in the system.

Last time I went through security, I had to do everything at the metal detector/xray myself. There were no TSA people around. I was so confused, I guess I didn't look that threatening.

I jumped a jet in Bethel Alaska in a real hurry and to my horror I had forgot 29 lose 12 ga 3 in mag shot shells and a 5 pack of buck shot. They did not love me I did not feel the love. They the TSA called the local police and they where pretty nice about it since I came from a native village of 300 people . I told them I had used the bag hunting and they kept my ammo but offered to let me pick the ammo up from the police station on my return flight. I thought I was going to jail the way they where acting. We will be checking our carry on much better from now on.