• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DO people remember?

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    vB6TJsTl.jpg

oZKRS6El.jpg

qeKR81Gl.jpg

rINiV06l.jpg

SDvpQvZl.jpg

q76I9MOl.jpg

Oryouall.jpg

TuLwqeIl.jpg

Yellow coats, they dont belong in that park.......

ND2rOpll.jpg

Captain Parkers Revenge

7EK2h7Yl.jpg

Looking east The Revenge came from the left.

9UzQhMCl.jpg

The column came from the west, a small brook channelized the Brits over a bridge and Capt Parker face shot them.

nlshZkyl.jpg

After renactment picnic.....

rT56lLTl.jpg

My initial reaction was to throw something and start yelling at people when I saw rifles leaned up against a tree.

I'm sure everyone here understands that was countryman vs countryman. Killing of ones own to establish something new. The average citidiot wouldn't understand that.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He was a tall dude.....perhaps a young George Washington.
    pm, was he really that tall?

When I first saw the pic I figured it was just the camera angle. It would have taken XXXLarge balls to go into volley fire formation standing head and shoulders above everyone else.

And you Yankees left it to us Virginians to finish up what you started. And to Fig's post above, yep, no GW no America. We sure need some of his caliber right now.

www.nps.gov › yorkYorktown Battlefield Part of Colonial National Historical ...

Mar 04, 2022 · Yorktown Battlefield - Winning America’s Independence Discover what it took for the United States to be independent as you explore the site of the last major battle of the Revolutionary

Reactions: BLEE
    People don't seem to understand what they were voting for 20 years ago, so I think it's asking a bit much for them to comprehend events that occurred two hundred years before their birth.

Seeing that we're now roughly in the middle of a Fourth Turning, there should be ample opportunities on the horizon to refresh one's memory.

Looks like a well spent day with History, hope the kids we're along for the lesson/reminder.

Good post.
    1650152259369.png

Was a member of this group. We did some cool overnighters and long hikes thru the Rockies.
    We were walking and heard a pack of mountain bikers coming. We casually moved off the trail and into the brush. We were wearing earth tones, just standing a few yards off the trail. The bikers that came by had tunnel vision, they never saw us. I recognized the last rider and called out his name.
    He turned his head then saw us and said "Whoa, time warp!"

Reactions: mtrmn
    “Battle Road“, the path of a British gunpowder raiding party on April 19 1775 from Boston to Concord , Lexington, and then back to Boston, involved several battles and skirmishes there and back.

Often considered the first true conflicts of the revolutionary war prior to the Declaration of Independence , the redcoats (not the British, most people considered themselves part of British culture at the time. Remember, the U.S.A. has not been born yet) attempt to confiscate powder magazines at both Concord and Lexington and instead bring to a boil the simmering resentment of the colonist at the British for a variety offenses they had been doing against the colonist for years.

EDIT ADD 4-17-22**** gunpowder was typically kept in a centrally located magazine as it was considered too dangerous to keep in your home. British gunpowder raids were the equivalent of gun control in colonial times

The large and small battles on this road almost destroyed the British expedition and did result in the British losing the majority of their officer corps due to colonial marksmanship. The heavy losses experienced by the British are what also prompted France to aid the colonist as the colonist were now seen as capable of at least hurting, and maybe winning against the British. It also galvanized the colonist in their convictions against Britain and their resolve for independence, the colonist had finally had enough.

If you attend a ”Project Appleseed“ two day shooting clinic, they will teach you about that day in American history and a few of the smaller individual stories associated with it. It is a fantastic history class with a pretty good basic 3p marksmanship clinic at the same time, well worth every true American’s time to attend and learn. They have several events a year across multiple states, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
    People don't seem to understand what they were voting for 20 years ago, so I think it's asking a bit much for them to comprehend events that occurred two hundred years before their birth.

Seeing that we're now roughly in the middle of a Fourth Turning, there should be ample opportunities on the horizon to refresh one's memory.
    Understanding consequences of decisions made 20 or better yet 200 yrs ago isn't too difficult, unless you have some social justice degree.

😄 I might believe that if you were talking about all the other people in the picture. Even if they all were 5'2", that one guy would still be at least 6'2".
    Well my joke was supposed to be funny cause if he is 5'2" the the others must be.....short shall we say?

Reactions: mtrmn
    Understanding consequences of decisions made 20 or better yet 200 yrs ago isn't too difficult, unless you have some social justice degree.

Human behavior says otherwise, which is why history rhymes.

Kinda late to the party.
    I live just a few miles from a place called Saratoga. Walked the battle field mamy times.
    Also where Benidick Arnold was praised.
    Before his being passed over for promotion,,to become a traitor.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pmclaine
    The first house shown, looks a little like my great grandfather's Squire Boone's house. It can be found near Reading PA.

Attachments

• 20180514_122314.jpg
      20180514_122314.jpg
      870.5 KB · Views: 21
    The first house shown, looks a little like my great grandfather's Squire Boone's house. It can be found near Reading PA.
    Well, heya Cuz.
    Squire Boone is also my 9th great grandfather through his daughter Sarah.
    Small world.

Reactions: Soulezoo
    To answer the question. No. I don't believe that they teach the history of the revolution the same way now as they did 50 years ago

Reactions: BLEE
    To answer the question. No. I don't believe that they teach the history of the revolution the same way now as they did 50 years ago

In third grade the schools in Arlington MA have a colonial day curriculum when they teach about the Revolution. The kids/teachers all dress up in colonial clothes and eat colonial food.

My kids may have been the last to do it.

They didn't think it was inclusive for all.

Different areas used different materials.

I love the field stone houses of the early PA era.

Everything up here is wood.

Some will have brick foundations but most have big rectangular granite slab foundations.

Walking through the woods of Medford Fellsway you can see where all the granite was quarried.

That's dedication to education in history. The time and money spent by each of those people is probably staggering.

Reactions: EddieNFL
    I was wondering how they convinced so many to play the British parts, but then I remembered it's the northeast. I'll bet lots of liberal faggots volunteered.